Carolina Crown MMX

I don't really get the guard uniforms, they look alright but I don't quite understand the look. Also, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the corps uniforms WORK and I like them and the gold horns. I mean, I seem to be one of the few people who though BD deserved it last year, so why not go for this too.

I don't really get the guard uniforms, they look alright but I don't quite understand the look. Also, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the corps uniforms WORK and I like them and the gold horns. I mean, I seem to be one of the few people who though BD deserved it last year, so why not go for this too.

Why do they still call what the guard wears a 'uniform'? They are not all the same (aka definition of 'uniform'). 'Costume' or 'outfit' might be more appropriate.

To be honest..I hate, no I loathe the unfiroms......but.....but ( I hate to say it) From the stands, the corps has a fresh look and folks, let me tell you, this corps is for real. The scores they are getting are deserved and their field coverage and presence is so far the greatest of the three I have seen.

Drawing a comparison, if I may, I really hear echoes of Star of Indiana in their Brass delivery, projection and fundamentals.........Would not at all be surprised if they win and do not get caugh by Cavies or Cadets all year.

G

To be honest..I hate, no I loathe the unfiroms......but.....but ( I hate to say it) From the stands, the corps has a fresh look and folks, let me tell you, this corps is for real. The scores they are getting are deserved and their field coverage and presence is so far the greatest of the three I have seen.

Drawing a comparison, if I may, I really hear echoes of Star of Indiana in their Brass delivery, projection and fundamentals.........Would not at all be surprised if they win and do not get caugh by Cavies or Cadets all year.

G

I agree with what G said above. Terrible uniforms, but this corps is for real, maybe moreso than ever before. And let me add a note about field coverage. Very difficult to play together when the corps is spread from endzone to endzone. But they do it very well, and it is an impressive effect.

Seems like a number of corps already have their 2010 thread started. Time for the Cream Team to join in!

I'll kick it off with a nice pic of Herbert leading in the guard!!

P1050447.JPG

Great Pix!!