Carolina Crown MMX

Woulda preferred finishing up Mahler or bringing back Danzon, but I guess that works.

From Twitter:

World Class Latin Percussionist Lalo Davila stopped by Friday Morning to work with the gracious Crown '10 Percussion section on Danzon No. 2

http://yfrog.com/9h1enjj

http://yfrog.com/5bwlwj

http://yfrog.com/9gfubrj

http://yfrog.com/9hyz8j

Pretty sweet!! :thumbup:

Yeah the ending is great. Those holes just need to be filled :thumbup:

I know that the Contra hole will be filled! My friend just posted "Doing first full show today!" And I believe the mello and trumpet holes have been filled...they're just learning drill!

I know that the Contra hole will be filled! My friend just posted "Doing first full show today!" And I believe the mello and trumpet holes have been filled...they're just learning drill!

Well unless he's marching the show in the laundromat parking lot, I think he means tomorrow :) Today is a laundry / free day in Indy.

Well unless he's marching the show in the laundromat parking lot, I think he means tomorrow :) Today is a laundry / free day in Indy.

yeah, I know! he was just giving us all an update!

I'm loving this show a ton...still not sold on the ending...but it's better than that cliffhanger!!

yeah, I know! he was just giving us all an update!

I'm loving this show a ton...still not sold on the ending...but it's better than that cliffhanger!!

What's the ending like? I haven't seen the show yet but I have a friend on the contra line so I plan on it.

So far, I'm liking the show, I wish the ending was a lot stronger, I would really like to see the Finale of Mahler 2 come in, or more of Danzon come back, since there's so much more of that piece that's been left out. But the only problems I have with this show as of now are that this show seems much safer visually, especially in comparison to last year. Last year, members were flying all over the field, and this year there's a few too many halts and slow segments for my taste.

And Danzon No. 2 is a Latin symphonic piece, and should be played as such. When Madison did it, they played it with the right kind of feel. I think that Crown needs to put some work into getting that style right, because right now, it's a little bit too white-bread for me....

So far, I'm liking the show, I wish the ending was a lot stronger, I would really like to see the Finale of Mahler 2 come in, or more of Danzon come back, since there's so much more of that piece that's been left out. But the only problems I have with this show as of now are that this show seems much safer visually, especially in comparison to last year. Last year, members were flying all over the field, and this year there's a few too many halts and slow segments for my taste.

And Danzon No. 2 is a Latin symphonic piece, and should be played as such. When Madison did it, they played it with the right kind of feel. I think that Crown needs to put some work into getting that style right, because right now, it's a little bit too white-bread for me....

Noticed some holes in their show from Normal. Are they still looking for that Lead Bari spot?