Carolina Crown MMX

The show loses its mojo after the Mahler reprise; the sound is epic, and it's still fun to listen to . . .but the ending and some of the transitions need to be tweaked further.

. . .perhaps going so far as moving off from the Rach 2 as the closer and transitioning again into . . . Sibelius 2? :tongue:

I saw Crown in Akron and they sound great. I don't think the snare hole hurts the balance.

But what about the other holes? It seems like there were 5-6 holes in the hornline? It had to hurt the score some.

Bawker - I agree. I love the Mahler reprise (though they're going to have to add the preshow to the DVD's else it makes no sense!), and it does kind of meh after that. I really think they should finish with a second part of Danzon No 2, especially as it's fairly abbreviated earlier in the show.

Mike

I saw Crown in Akron and they sound great. I don't think the snare hole hurts the balance.

But what about the other holes? It seems like there were 5-6 holes in the hornline? It had to hurt the score some.

Last I heard all holes will be filled before Friday.

Here's hoping for some great additions to the show. They now have four days off (including today) to rehearse ... so I hope they make some great changes to the end of the show (20 second wall of sound at the end, please??????). Can't wait to see the Michigan VOD next weekend to see how they used these 4 straight rehearsal days!

Agreed on the show losing a bit of energy after the Mahler reprise. I think if they tweak the ending for some more juice this show will be more of a face peeler than it already is. I keep hearing that these rehearsal days are coming with changes. Just got my Atlanta tix, can't wait to see all the corps there! End of July should be getting toward squeaky clean for everyone. I absolutely love the shows towards the end of the season.

(20 second wall of sound at the end, please??????).

Really? Maybe it's just my opinion, but I'm over this. There is nothing LESS musical to me than twenty seconds of just noise :tongue:

I believe I read a post of yours in another thread about not being able to hum BD's music this year.

You can't hum a "20 second wall of sound," either.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: Okay, obviously you CAN hum a "20 second wall of sound," but you get my point :tongue:

Edited by Room_101

*honk bump!!*

Finally get to see (at least some of ) the changes Crown has been working on during their four days off. A survey of all the likely sources + phone calls = thing should be pretty exciting in La Crosse.

Anyone else with news to share?