here's a question that really may see a flamesuit needed:

did we see all this boohooing when Brigs were on their run? or Bush/Sun?

now I know some may call me a Bucs homer, and yes I have friends there ( and everywhere else in DCA)....but it seems that Bucs, especially due to their style of shows, seem to be taking the heat here.

if it were Empire or Cabs on this run, I'll gladly wager and win 75% of the comments made wouldn't be happening.

and please feel free to disagree. The posting styles of many of those complaining bear me out

Heck, a lot of us were sick of the Westshoremen after they won their first SHOW.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, a lot of us were sick of the Westshoremen after they won their first SHOW.

I know Tom, but that was 1946, you can let go now :smile:

are you aware that DCA and DCI share several judges?

No I am not. I do not know much about judging. I just assumed they are different.

if it were Empire or Cabs on this run, I'll gladly wager and win 75% of the comments made wouldn't be happening.

and please feel free to disagree. The posting styles of many of those complaining bear me out

I do disagree with that, I think ANY CORPS would be under the microscope if they won year after year...........

Isn't that why we have DCA now?

I know Tom, but that was 1946, you can let go now :smile:

I just can't wait til Ray Fallon's favorite team gets thrown into the mix.

No I am not. I do not know much about judging. I just assumed they are different.
and DCI judges do get some training on the DCA sheets if they don't do any DCA work, so really, they go off the criteria on the sheets.

and over the last year or 2, we've seen some pretty consistent thpughts between the two sets of judges.....

as long you as go off the criteria on the sheets, and adjust the tolerance for what a DCI and DCA corps can do with their respective schedules, it shouldn't be brain surgery

I do disagree with that, I think ANY CORPS would be under the microscope if they won year after year...........

Isn't that why we have DCA now?

I dont think even the Brigs got what Bucs are getting IMO, and that's with all of the bingo jokes made

I just can't wait til Ray Fallon's favorite team gets thrown into the mix.

oh he'll just mooooooove right along ( i know Ray would like that)

The part I can't get past is the spread. I can agree that Bucs were the best corps in the show. There demand exceeded the competition (even though that's not on the sheets) and they executed on par with their closest competitor, so I give them the edge. However the verbiage that clearly defines "the value of a tenth" should have been used as clearly the top two units were not 5 whole points apart.

And yes, I believe that this show can affect the scores at next weeks show. Not "slotting" necessarily, but I believe perception can affect reality and if a judge walks in thinking that Bucs are 5 points better than Cabs, it's going to take a helluva lot of improvement to convince him/her otherwise.

I dont think even the Brigs got what Bucs are getting IMO, and that's with all of the bingo jokes made

Again, I disagree (thats why we are friends), I think memories are short (like me beat ya to it). However, you did say IMO - so IMO ewww not so much........