Cadets 2010

Only gripe-

The 'Kid'.

I get he's integral to the story, but him running around making a HUGE spectacle of himself for almost the entire show ends up being more of an unavoidable distraction for me than a function of story telling. Seems like such a great show with a lot of fun stuff going on. I just hope I can learn to look past the over enthusiastic Disneyland character.

Does he have much/any use of equipment in the show? I had these same feelings with the balloon girl in Glassmen '08 as someone else has mentioned in another thread. I don't mind star characters at all, I just don't like it when it comes across as gimmecky or distracting.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does use equipment some, but his main role is playing the "kid".

I usually don't like main characters in shows but this one felt fun to watch. Mainly because it wasn't so much about telling a story, so when I caught the things he was doing here and there it was cool, and I didn't feel like I was going to get lost in the story if I missed some things he did.

I usually don't like main characters in shows but this one felt fun to watch. Mainly because it wasn't so much about telling a story, so when I caught the things he was doing here and there it was cool, and I didn't feel like I was going to get lost in the story if I missed some things he did.

And thats exactly how it should be IMO...looking forward to seeing it myself!

It's an entertaining, cheesy show. I'd hate it because of that, but because it doesn't take itself too seriously, it works. The show is just a lot of fun to watch. This show has taught me that not every production has to be a big, brooding, intellectual affair. Sometimes it can be just fun.

Does he have much/any use of equipment in the show? I had these same feelings with the balloon girl in Glassmen '08 as someone else has mentioned in another thread. I don't mind star characters at all, I just don't like it when it comes across as gimmecky or distracting.

She did alot in that show though. It was based around her at a carnival and the music was like her emotions.

Something i said somewhere already but it seems to slow for my liking. Im not an old school type of person and everyone keeps saying that this reminds them of that. hopefully it grows on me since i have liked every show since 2000

I saw it on a Um...Site somewhere last night, and Its a really good So, And I enjoy, it seems like the Cadets of old, or at least has that feel.

It a great show, and its finally nice to have a cadets show to where they play, but DUDE they have an amazing drum break, and there some insane runs that the hornline does at the end of the show. I was losing it by the end of both.

Just watched the show. I've gotta say, I think this is going to be one of my favorites this year. Soooo much potential in that package! As far as the cheese factor goes, they seem to be doing a lot of similar gimmicks in the first half of the show to what Cavies did in 2006. At least, that's what some of the stuff really reminded me of. That worked out well for Cavies, so I'm going to cross my fingers that it works out just as well for Cadets.

I think I 'm going to like this Cadets show off the reviews so far.

I saw them in Allentown on Friday, and I'll be the first to tell you that the Cadets haven't been one of my favorites over the past few years. I had the same expectation going into Friday but the Cadets gave me a full 180. I was very impressed with their show, especially for being that early in the season. I can't wait to see them progress throughout the season.

The only one complaint I had was in the ballad. Near the begining of the ballad the horns were playing a really beautiful soft part of the piece, however all I could pay attention to was an overbearing synth that was playing a Harp sound. It took away from the other 149 members playing some beautiful music. I really hope that gets turned down quite a bit.