Cadets 2010

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesser known, but just as awesome of a score IMO is "Fog City Sketches". Good movie too...

Almost as cheesy as horsies.

Or playing others' corps songs.

;-)

No offense, and I love the show, but if there was any show that was concentrated cheese, it was Crown 07.

The show is great, but I'm just sayin.

Love it! You're right, great movie.

Was that Cavaliers? Or Madison? Fading memory...

Or SCV?

SCV ummmm.... 97, I think.

Almost as cheesy as horsies.

Or playing others' corps songs.

;-)

I already admitted those horses were covered in cheese...

Cheesy don't mean it ain't good, it's just cheesy, and I don't think a funky morph of Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Somewhere classifies as playing other corps songs, unless there's a Cadetalier "Somewhere" I don't know about :smile:

Edited by Cron

camembert Gouda Neufchâtel Brie Any one ? Anyone ? :thumbup:

the only gripe i have with this show is that there aren't very quick tempos in the first half of the show... but boy do they push later on.

I can't wait to see this develop, I think this is a perfect show for the cadets. as someone has said I hope it just doesn't get to 'cute'

I was thinking the same thing about being "too cute," but I don't think it will because the design team would not allow this to happen. I know they designed a campy show so far, but ultimately as far as show texture goes, I think a Cadets product ends up being in the style of the Cadets; a BD product ends up being in the style of BD; etc.

The show is good, and there is a lot of demand there. It is so "cute" though that it is almost hard to take. It does a great job of telling a story, which is something I like to see and there is also plenty going on musically and visually, but it is so campy that I'm a bit turned off. I'm torn because I think it has so much going on for it and is designed very well, but is just oozing with a bit much cheesewiz for my personal taste... *ducking and hiding now*

Out of curiosity, have you ever felt this way about a Cavaliers program? I've always thought that their presentations "ooze" whatever concept they are conveying. It's just opinion, but I liken the Cadets program (thus far) to the same endeavors as a Cavalier program. . .coordinated conceptual communication.