Cadets 2010

I already admitted those horses were covered in cheese...

Cheesy don't mean it ain't good, it's just cheesy, and I don't think a funky morph of Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Somewhere classifies as playing other corps songs, unless there's a Cadetalier "Somewhere" I don't know about :thumbup:

Cavaliers played a medley of Somewhere / Over the Rainbow for many years. The Anniversary Corps played it in 2008.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavaliers played a medley of Somewhere / Over the Rainbow for many years. The Anniversary Corps played it in 2008.

Did not know that, thanks for the info.

:tongue: Sabre to the throat, the soldiers get tired of him running around and getting in their way and finally do him in. EPIC! That would change everything. In all seriousness, if they handled that the right way, it could be a serious drum corps moment. Wow, I'm thinking of this show totally differently now.

Umm, the show is called "Toy Souldier" lol...

They're trying to entertain people, not traumatize them. :thumbup:

They're trying to entertain people, not traumatize them. :thumbup:

OK, OK, so the kid can't die, but what about all of his toys breaking, or him growing up and getting tired of them. I'm just feeding the mule here, but stories need some sort of conflict, ideas....?? BTW, working from home allows me way too much time for DCP...

Edited by Cron

They're trying to entertain people, not traumatize them. :laughing:

I was being facetious with the "Jeffrey demise" thing. But Hop did state a darker ending for the show back when he did his little webcast. Nothing but speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be suprised to see little Jeffrey being "assimilated" by the rest of the soldiers.

ALL YOUR SHOW CHARACTERS ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Nothing but speculation on my part, but I wouldn't be suprised to see little Jeffrey being "assimilated" by the rest of the soldiers.

. . .in effect, becoming one with the collective.

Little Jefferey. . .the Borg? :laughing:

They could always make it like that one episode of the Twilight Zone where the department store mannequins come to life but have to return to the store after so long . . .in the end, we could see Jefferey as the wind up doll, with the corps as "the reality".

That might be hard to convey, though. . .maybe at the end Jefferey could go back into his "box" as a toy.

Heh. This is why I'm not a show designer, lol.

They could always make it like that one episode of the Twilight Zone where the department store mannequins come to life but have to return to the store after so long . . .in the end, we could see Jefferey as the wind up doll, with the corps as "the reality".

That might be hard to convey, though. . .maybe at the end Jefferey could go back into his "box" as a toy.

Heh. This is why I'm not a show designer, lol.

Birdies tell me there will be a box the corps enters through later in the season. I cannot divulge the sources of my birdies though.

That's an interesting take though. Almost sort of Matrix-y. What is the real world, Neo?

Cadets havent been having good luck with even number years

2002 - american cheese

2004 - american white trash cheese

2006 - rabbit hole cheese

2008 - NPR cheese

2010 - toy cheese

regardless, i liked most of those shows.

That's funny except you need to explain how Jethro Tull, which is a british band whose fans were hardly American white trash works for 2004?

I already admitted those horses were covered in cheese...

Cheesy don't mean it ain't good, it's just cheesy, and I don't think a funky morph of Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Somewhere classifies as playing other corps songs, unless there's a Cadetalier "Somewhere" I don't know about :laughing:

If you don't know the history of Somewhere/Rainbow with the Cavaliers, you should really look into it. Rainbow was played by the Cavaliers from the mid 50s to the mid 70s and is their unofficial corps song. Somewhere was also played by Cavaliers, but I have to take my hats off to the Cadets 84 version.

This is freakin' awesome --- on so many levels! I doubt this is where they're going -- it's probably some schmaltzy new-age self-realization of magnificence -- but if little Jeffrey were assimilated back into the toy soldiers at the end it *would* be fantastic full-circle ending. Maybe one of the wind-ups rends the soul from Jeffrey (and is now free) and Jeffrey locked into the body of a toy souldier :blink: