Cadets 2010

two things I think can help them make up ground...pacing the transitions better..and some hosing. I think some things, like last year aren't cleanable..music and visual. it's obvious they wont get credit for trying it unless they achieve it, and it's all about achievement now.

Agreed.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...... after seeing the show....... sorry.. Jeffrey needs to either go or cut back "field time" and go hide..!

appreciate the theatric side of the show.. toy soldiers.. music.. drums... but you also have to add in another

adjective....... distraction !

I like drum corps.... I want to see a kid act up and run around, I go to a Target

"Jeffrey" is not half as bad as the fake baby giggles.

Really, are those necessary?

We have to be electronically "hyped" to giggle?

Lose 'em....

Lose 'em....

The name of the piece is called Children's Dance. The giggles last about a second each time. They fit the song, I think. At least it's not as bad as a child crying on an airplane.

I'm going to tread lightly here, mostly because it's not fair to speculate on the ostensible mood/mindset of any corps. However, I did feel some jitters from them at the Dallas show last night, mostly manifested as timing inconsistencies.

If there's anything that can be fixed in 3 weeks, I strongly believe confidence can be. Especially after the >1 jump from night to night in TX to put Cavies back in the radar and push them closer to BD.

Lose 'em....

I dont think it's nearly as bad as some of the vocals from last year, or any year 06-08

How I wish the old Bridgemen or VK were around to adjust their show to make fun of little Jimmy

Maybe Bart could kidnap Little Jimmy and hold him for ransom.

I miss the days when drum corps could poke fun at itself

Let the shark eat him at the end of the show i.e. 92

Or have the bull pi%# on him i.e. 88

Or have him join the Andrew sisters in the dance bit and have Diane Brady give him a swift kick outta there.

Or put him in the pot instead of Pee Wee and torch him.

Vk are you listening? Next year finish your show with Phantom of the Opera, put him on the chair and make him disappear forever!

Ummm yeah, Cadets just proved to me last night they have all the information, the stamina, the confidence, the show, and the BALLS to play like they are one of the big boys. NOW DO THAT EVERYTIME AND GET BETTER AT THAT STANDARD YOU SET!!!!

Woohoo!!

The name of the piece is called Children's Dance. The giggles last about a second each time. They fit the song, I think. At least it's not as bad as a child crying on an airplane.

I'm with you. I have no clue why people hate on those aspects of the show so much.

The baby giggles are silly, but too insubstantial to complain about, and silly fits the show.

Jeffrey is important. Without him, would the Cadets be able to earn to 'soul' in Souldier? Who would the characters/performers come alive for, if he weren't there? I think he's pretty necessary. And he's funny!

I'm with you. I have no clue why people hate on those aspects of the show so much.

The baby giggles are silly, but too insubstantial to complain about, and silly fits the show.

Jeffrey is important. Without him, would the Cadets be able to earn to 'soul' in Souldier? Who would the characters/performers come alive for, if he weren't there? I think he's pretty necessary. And he's funny!

I agree that Jeffrey is an important part of the show - his storyline is what makes the whole production work. But I will say that some of the high cheese moments, including the giggles, took me out of the show and I think that hurts the Cadets by making it harder to build intensity during their performance. They're not a dealbreaker for me, but I think they could strengthen the show by losing some of the cheese.