Pre-Recorded stuff everywhere

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pre-recorded voice, strings, etc are all over the place. what do you think?

i'm actually okay with most of it so far because it doesn't seem to get in the way of or replace the hornlines.

If it is done tastefully and sparingly then it can really add to the general effect and ambiance of the program. I like what I've heard this year so far.

Not too much of a fan, but I'll take it over narration.

I don't mind a small amount of narration like 07 Crown or 07 Bluecoats. What I absolutely abhor is the way The Cadets were using it for a time. I am sooooo glad they decided to scale back on it the past couple of years. :tongue:

I don't like it. It just screams "fake" to me and thus has an incredibly negative connotation in my mind. (though I still feel the same negative feeling towards narration).

Just an example:

Blue Devils 2000 had a cool effect in the opening where a rubber mallet was scraped against a gong or something in order to create an unbelievably cool "scream" effect. Had they used a synth to have a pre-recorded scream I feel there would be very little connection to me as an audience member.

I have not been to a DCI show yet this year, so I haven't heard it live. I'll wait untill I get to a show to make my own decision. :tongue:

i tolerate it in small doses, but I can see it's usage growing, and i can see myself tiring of it quickly