Things that strike you as awesome already

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Me personally... It is the return of great music. Leaving behind the era of Original unreconizable music that was only a backdrop to the visual design. This new era which I believe crept in last year is continuing this year and even stronger. Whether it be corps re-introducing great music from yester-years or other corps bringing great new music into the activity, the designers have found a way to bring a happy marriage in show design between music and visual.

Shows are no longer who can play while doing a 4-5 move in 16 cts, Or a 80 count move with a lenghty sequential move that is a front ensemble feauture, they are thought out from a performance point of view and designed to enhance the music. With music being the core focus and fitting all other elements around it.

It is a welcome sight and I think the right step for this day and age of drum corps.

There is a reason that Carolina Crown is kicking everyone rear this year. They have the visual demand and the hornline demand in their show. Unless BD comes out with something amazing that is off the charts,,everyone is going to be chasing CC around the field all summer.

Trust me, it's way off the charts! Seismic even!

<Trust me, it's way off the charts! Seismic even!>

It's DCP...no one will trust you...at all...even when they AGREE with you!

After Stanford on Saturday (live feed on FN) they can see and hear for themselves. :sad:

Madison's first 33 seconds. it's the only thing online that really grabbed me

For me: (in no way comprehensive)

-Phantom's last chord: The way it lingers - AWESOME

-Cadets: The show show seems really entertaining and well-conceived but that crazy fast march in the middle of the show is fantastic. It's as good as last years ending, and they're only about 7 minutes in!

-Bluecoats: Big, big sound from them this year.

OH yeah, Madison really solid!

Boston sound and drum line along with their show.