Pioneer 2010

I just wish they would get rid of the 45 second speech in the middle. It adds nothing to the program, gets a tiny splatter of applause, and while I understand the meaning of it, alot of people in the audience are rolling their eyes at it.

Kind of pointless to do a show about the Corps Prayer if they don't actually say it.....

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the corps even made it to Broken Arrow ?? I know they are having some bus issues and didn't make it to their housing site last night....but I can't find out anything today. :laughing: I hope everything works out for them they have been doing so well !

Talked to my son about 9:30am he said they were about 3-4 hours out after several bus problems, they were getting back on the bus at that time to continue-on. I haven't heard since.

I hope everything is ok with our friends at Pioneer. Teal Sound had some bus issues last night as well that impacted our rehearsal day, so we know how that goes. Here's hoping Pioneer makes it to Broken Arrow safely and throws down for the crowd.

I think the problem is that a lot of people don't realize that it is the Corps Prayer. If you watch this recruiting video from a couple years ago, it will put the corps prayer into better context:

Old Pioneer Recruiting Video

It always amazes me when people say things when they are not "in the know" when its about a particular group or it's history. Thanks for clearing that up. I actually did not know this either, but probably would not have necessary commented about it.

No Souvie booth in Rockford either.......come on guys, it is a reflection on the Corps.

Actually he was there. My mother in law finally got her new gear to wear to quarterfinals.

Boy....I need to get my eyes checked. I had several people ask me too....I sure wish I would have seen it! Where the heck were they? I saw the Kilties by the concession stand and everyone else, but I sure missed Pioneers booth! Glad to hear they were there though........

Talked to my son about 9:30am he said they were about 3-4 hours out after several bus problems, they were getting back on the bus at that time to continue-on. I haven't heard since.

Ok I'm quoting myself...they got there at 1:45pm slept in Walmart parking lot last night (this morning) until 3:45am. I'm sure they are very tired...have the best show you can!!

I hope everything is ok with our friends at Pioneer. Teal Sound had some bus issues last night as well that impacted our rehearsal day, so we know how that goes. Here's hoping Pioneer makes it to Broken Arrow safely and throws down for the crowd.

Thank you for the kind words... you guys are a class act !

Just remember the Nietzsche quote.

Sounds like everyone is safe if not sound.

If I know the staff and management, they will turn this into a positive situation. There's nothing like a little adversity to create team building.

Pio, you're a scrappy bunch. Bring it on!

Better Every Day