Percussion Scores shakeup in NJ

How much, if any, did Phantom's early performance time (before intermission) effect the judges perception and PR's percussion score?

Please discuss......

I would be happy if there was a blind draw for every show...

Edited by Liahona

quote name='euphononium' date='Jun 30 2010, 02:05 PM' post='2823419']

also - since when has PR been anywhere near clean in "june"?! this year isn't a whole lot different than most others previous as far as cleaniness...just add in a boatload more of potential.

1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992. 1982, 1984.

G

also - since when has PR been anywhere near clean in "june"?! this year isn't a whole lot different than most others previous as far as cleaniness...just add in a boatload more of potential.

in 08 they were in 6th with a 76 on this day

1989, 1990, 1991, and 1992. 1982, 1984.

G

k, i love all of those shows, but there are corps around right now in june that are cleaner than some of those shows at finals.

Phantoms approach early, in recent years seems to be more bare bones....then add the stuff in as the season goes, usually a large chunk off ad-ins at a time. they get the skeleton out there and go from there.

other corps seem to get as much out early as they can, then make whatever changes they have too, plus additions. I mean Crown just got their closer on the field, SCV still doesn't have it.

which is right, which is wrong?

depends on what you want. I've seen both ways work well.

getting all hung up in June on where someone will be in 6 weeks is a waste. With this year shaping up to have more depth in quality from the top down than usual, it will likely be a flip floppy season.

again, look at Phantom 08...even better remember Boston in 2000? They were sitting about 8th two weeks before finals.

anything can happen, and probably, until the former San Antonio weekend, it's all guess work...and even after than you'll see some shifting.

drummer's.... who knew....

:wub::sad:

my guess would be that the judges are falling more into the "body movement" phase and are awarding points for it. and since phantom doesnt have much body movement at all, they dont score as high. but i do agree, phantom does have the most substance. paul's way of playing the quads against the snare writing is just great. and the bassline is so smooth over both parts! sandi has great FE writing and gives a warm feel. bluecoats i feel havent had a great book since 08. the writing seems really stale and predictable at times, but having said that, they are pulling it off (will a million and one visuals) and are being rewarded for it.

coats may have won the battle, but who will win the war? we shall see...

Bluecoats were cleaner on the field last night. The visuals and body movement had nothing to do with it.