Percussion Scores shakeup in NJ

Myron's gotta go? yeah I guess all those years with SCV showed that he sucked :sad:

I didn't say that.

Myron fits with SCV.

His visuals do not fit with Phantom Regiment.

If Phantom wants to stick with MR for next year, then good luck to them. I'd shed no tears if Phantom decided to go in a different direction. Their train's gone off the track rails a bit here. And it's not their percussion, music, or brass playing that's done this. But hey, that's just my opinion here as to their slide, and others are certainly free to blame it on something else... and who knows, they could be right too, as some might be closer to the situation than I am, as I'm not in the Phantom Regiment loop at all.

Edited by BRASSO

I didn't say that.

Myron fits with SCV.

His visuals do not fit with Phantom Regiment.

If Phantom wants to stick with MR for next year, then good luck to them. I'd shed no tears if Phantom decided to go in a different direction. Their train's gone off the track rails a bit here. And it's not their percussion, music, or brass playing that's done this. But hey, that's just my opinion here as to their slide, and others are certainly free to blame it on something else... anwho knows, they could be rght.

it's June. Hey remind me...how far back was Phantom early on in 2008?

right. so all i'm saying is anything can happen.

there we go. and technically, its not "june" anymore haha

odd, my calendar says 6/30

Myron's gotta go? yeah I guess all those years with SCV showed that he sucked :sad:

LOL......right ? He would be fine wherever he goes, as long as he stays. PR's visual program wii be worked out, ot was just full of dirt and muddles transitions, not even July yet.

G

my guess would be that the judges are falling more into the "body movement" phase and are awarding points for it. and since phantom doesnt have much body movement at all, they dont score as high. but i do agree, phantom does have the most substance. paul's way of playing the quads against the snare writing is just great. and the bassline is so smooth over both parts! sandi has great FE writing and gives a warm feel. bluecoats i feel havent had a great book since 08. the writing seems really stale and predictable at times, but having said that, they are pulling it off (will a million and one visuals) and are being rewarded for it.

coats may have won the battle, but who will win the war? we shall see...

I totally agree.....I wanted to clarify something...when I started talking about visual, I was actually talking about the corps' (brass and percussion) marching.....they are really moving out there, including the drumline, and not quite handling that yet. I think when all is said and done, both the drumline and the corps will be in the thick of things, and they are certainly going to be a contender for high percussion...

GB

it's June. Hey remind me...how far back was Phantom early on in 2008?

right. so all i'm saying is anything can happen.

And I'd agree with this as well. I think it's entirely possible that Phantom Regiment could get a lot better.They are in the same boat as a lot of Corps.. and you're right, it's still June.

there we go. and technically, its not "june" anymore haha

It's June 30th, 2010 1:56 EST as I post this . :sad:

well, there's about 12 hours left in June, technically. also, I'd go as far as saying it is "june" until there's a full panel everywhere.

i'll wait to judge how well Myron and the Regiment go together before i see the final product (which won't be until August 14th). one can't help but acknowledge that almost anything at all will be better than last year's final product. i can't also help but point out the fact that "success" and "compatibility" for the Regiment may not something as tangible as beating corps "x" and "y" and breaking an 80 before "july", nor is it as simple as getting a raving review by "Brasso" on DCP.

i'm sure the drumline will be just fine. i plan on enjoying this corps' growth and augmentation of the show every single second of the season. same with all the other corps.

seriously, this is going to be one hell of a season.

Bluecoats and Regiment could go back and forth all season in drums. You can blame it on drill or whatever you want - they are both VERY good percussion lines and luckily they get to compete head to head for the next few weeks. right? Enjoy it! This is what we wait all Fall, Winter and Spring for.

I'm really proud of them! GO BLOOOOOO!