Oswego We Go

Obviously, I would love to see Pio go ahead of Teal but I do have to admit Teal Sound is a mighty fine drum corps. I enjoy their show very much. I have a feeling Pio & Teal are in for a dogfight all summer. :thumbup:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love those old DCM shows. Great stuff.

Obviously, I would love to see Pio go ahead of Teal but I do have to admit Teal Sound is a mighty fine drum corps. I enjoy their show very much. I have a feeling Pio & Teal are in for a dogfight all summer. :thumbup:

Teal Sound is good but their drill is very basic. They execute it well but it does not have the demand that Pioneer's drill has. I also feel that Pioneer has the edge in music. I saw them both in Louisville and believe that Teal Sound is not quite up to Pioneer, yet. It's their first year in World Class and they do have some controversial music choices. Let's wait and see.

Just wanted to say good luck to all of the corps tonight! Especially Pioneer and the Scouts!

Sorry BozzlyB, but you have Teal Sound and Pioneer backwards. Pio - 68.3, Teal Sound - 65. I think that Pioneer is going to start sneaking up on the Colts in the next few shows. Also think that Madison will be a little closer to the Cavaliers, but the Cavaliers will prevail tonight.

I love Pioneer, great group of kids..but IMO, I don't think Colts and Pioneer are in the same grouping of corps. All corps have those groups that they compete against, Colts are in that mid-group (I.E. Academy, Spirit, Crossmen, Troopers,etc) Don't get me wrong though, I've alway said this, I'd love to see an underdog corps come out of nowhere and surprise the crap out of everyone!

Good luck to all Corps at the show tonight....especially the Scouts.

Blow the stands back several feet boys!

I love Pioneer, great group of kids..but IMO, I don't think Colts and Pioneer are in the same grouping of corps. All corps have those groups that they compete against, Colts are in that mid-group (I.E. Academy, Spirit, Crossmen, Troopers,etc) Don't get me wrong though, I've alway said this, I'd love to see an underdog corps come out of nowhere and surprise the crap out of everyone!

Not for anything, but have you seen Pioneer this year? Maybe they've improved? I saw them on Saturday (granted, it was from field level) and was pleasantly surprised! I don't know if they'll be competitive alongside corps like Troopers and Crossmen just yet.. but I think they'll surprise you.

Stef

Pioneer is much better this year and at last nights show, they finished a little over 5 points behind the Colts. They are a corps that is going to move up some this year. They are in a rebuilding mode and every person involved is very dedicated. If they continue to improve this year the way they have started, they will be challenging a lot of corps that were just a dream before.

We Pioneer faithful are not losing faith this year Their show is excellent and when they get it clean, it will definitely amaze you.