OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

Concerning ensemble being above field, it happens a lot. Check the scenario:

Hornline plays somewhat together, but has a bad individual night. Not enough to get up top, but enough to affect field. Same for drums. The old rule of thumb is if it sounds great up top, its probably good on the field, and down from there. I can see a good ensemble score but less than top numbers for inconsistencies on the field. Seems like even thought the drums are hurting, they are doing all they can to play in time and make sure the ensemble is not hit up top.

Thanks for the example

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more horsecrap. :unhappy:

Take a Valium, drink a beer, or just go relax. BD is nowhere near home. But, the only way that they can hear the cheers from clowns like you is if they lose. Since they are executing the best that they can, and trying to improve faster than anyone else, they have to take whatever reaction that they get on any given night. None of the performers wrote the show, none of them wrote the music, so booing their placement, performance, or anything else will have little impact on the actual writers. Again, horsecrap. If you want to complain about the show, do it to Gibbs. But your whiny, crybaby stuff is just plain juvenile.

Recommend not mixing meds and beer :hehe:

I haven't seen any Cavies fans say anything of the sort all season. If they do overtake them, great, if not, great. I'd love for Coats to win a title, love the show and the we were always close with their members while on tour. Do I believe Cavies can overtake them? Yes, they have been consistently beating them throughout the middle part of the summer and have only been down the last 2 shows to them lately, with a brand new ending that still needs work (I'm guessing it does, haven't been able to watch yet), but I won't be upset if they don't because Coats are awesome and it's always good to see a new face in the top 3.

What ?? THeres an 15+ page thread called 1995 all over again, dedicated to just what I said....Folks foaming at the mouth waiting with baited breath to see the Devils trip up or get knocked off.....couldnt get any more blatant than that

G

Good job Scouts! .2 from Bk and .6 from Boston....keep pushing!

What ?? THeres an 15+ page thread called 1995 all over again, dedicated to just what I said....Folks foaming at the mouth waiting with baited breath to see the Devils trip up or get knocked off.....couldnt get any more blatant than that

G

Cavies fans wanting Cavies to win?!?!!?!!?

OH THE HUMANITY!

Ensemble is largely timing across all the sections - and does take into account some visual aspects. From personal experience music ensemble scores jump drastically after nit picky timing fixes, which are (partially) independent of brass/percussion technique. (A good onfield brassline can still be out of sync with a good onfield drumline)

The simple explanation for the Crown discrepancy is that they sound great from the stands.... and not as good from the field.

You bring this Cavies thing up a lot. For a fan of a corps that's 2-pointing its closest competition, what do you care what theories fans may throw out?

I think its ok, I mean, heck the masses can construct scientific analysis why Cavies will catch BD, I can refer to it from the opposite end of the spectrum...

G

The simple explanation for the Crown discrepancy is that they sound great from the stands.... and not as good from the field.

Gotcha. Thanks

more horsecrap. :unhappy:

Take a Valium, drink a beer, or just go relax. BD is nowhere near home. But, the only way that they can hear the cheers from clowns like you is if they lose. Since they are executing the best that they can, and trying to improve faster than anyone else, they have to take whatever reaction that they get on any given night. None of the performers wrote the show, none of them wrote the music, so booing their placement, performance, or anything else will have little impact on the actual writers. Again, horsecrap. If you want to complain about the show, do it to Gibbs. But your whiny, crybaby stuff is just plain juvenile.

maybe a bit of civil disobedience and vocalization of how horribly boring that show is, IS NEEDED to get his attention! it probably won't...but it's time things change. that show, no matter how sparkling, spit-shine clean it is, is the worst thing i've ever seen on a football field. and yes, i've seen the raiders play.

Thank goodness for averaged GE. Those judges barely agreed on anything!

you could say that again!