OFFICIAL Atlanta Regional Thread...

but ensemble is outscoring the sections :unhappy:

Ensemble is largely timing across all the sections - and does take into account some visual aspects. From personal experience music ensemble scores jump drastically after nit picky timing fixes, which are (partially) independent of brass/percussion technique. (A good onfield brassline can still be out of sync with a good onfield drumline)

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BD's cause ??? These forums ?? Reality check...yeah its fun here, but it has no bearing on out there ! LOL

G

Yeah, I know DCP has no relevance. OK

Just some people have made claims that BD fans can be arrogant. Some people may construe that post as such. If you don't care, so be it.

And FWIW, tonight's webcast made me a believer of BD's show.

Edited by megadrive

One question out of curiosity...have Bluecoats ever been this dominant? Well...consistanly beating a top 3 corps. (not trying to start a hate fest I'm honestly just wondering)

As Garfield said, no, not really. But in 2007 they did beat Cavies and BD at the same show before finals week... but then the hose came out and they lost performance speed in the last 3 shows.

Maybe we're in the 5th level of our dreams and someone implanted an inception of people applauding..... :unhappy:

WAKE ME UP LEO!

Maybe it is just the ringing in my ears from standing in horn arcs all those years. (TOTALLY WORTH IT)

I thought CADETS looked strong tonight. Do they have a chance to move higher than 5th realistically?

You didn't hear it? A mass of audience members hate your show so very much it was booed. It was booed in dallas and san antonio. It was booed in Atlanta.

How is that not something to be considered? But it doesn't matter, right? As long as you get a ring, F the crowd.

Nice! You sir have no class. :unhappy:

Concerning ensemble being above field, it happens a lot. Check the scenario:

Hornline plays somewhat together, but has a bad individual night. Not enough to get up top, but enough to affect field. Same for drums. The old rule of thumb is if it sounds great up top, its probably good on the field, and down from there. I can see a good ensemble score but less than top numbers for inconsistencies on the field. Seems like even thought the drums are hurting, they are doing all they can to play in time and make sure the ensemble is not hit up top.

my point, with the flawed intro still stands...wait til all the cavie fans give us their theories on how they will overtake BD tomorrow, forgetting that they first have to overtake 'coats, and hold off Crown and Cadets

G

I haven't seen any Cavies fans say anything of the sort all season. If they do overtake them, great, if not, great. I'd love for Coats to win a title, love the show and the we were always close with their members while on tour. Do I believe Cavies can overtake them? Yes, they have been consistently beating them throughout the middle part of the summer and have only been down the last 2 shows to them lately, with a brand new ending that still needs work (I'm guessing it does, haven't been able to watch yet), but I won't be upset if they don't because Coats are awesome and it's always good to see a new face in the top 3.

my point, with the flawed intro still stands...wait til all the cavie fans give us their theories on how they will overtake BD tomorrow, forgetting that they first have to overtake 'coats, and hold off Crown and Cadets

G

You bring this Cavies thing up a lot. For a fan of a corps that's 2-pointing its closest competition, what do you care what theories fans may throw out?