BD organization in jeopardy

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing this activity needs is more corps with financial troubles, regardless of idealogical disagreements. Here's hoping there's a strong turnout at that council meeting.

sent an email

Concord Council,

I am writing in support of the new bingo facility that is under discussion. It will be great to get a quality organization in the currently abandoned location. This will not only help improve the facility directly (surely a welcome site after three years of blight), but it will also help improve the surrounding area, as the bingo customers stop in at other local businesses. With the current economic situation, it can only be a good thing to have more people spending money in Concord.

It has come to my attention that the Blue Devils organization is trying to halt this excellent development and hurt the people of Concord. Even if this new bingo hall does impact the Blue Devils bingo operation, you should not worry. The Blue Devils are part of a large organization of drum and bugle corps, and no other group uses bingo as a fundraiser. Yet, all of these groups travel the country performing and are able raise a satisfactory level of funds. Even in the very unlikely worst case scenario of Blue Devils stopping their bingo, they will find success raising money in other ways, like every single other drum corps is already doing.

Please do not give in to the Blue Devils. They are a valuable community organization, but you must realize that most of their members come from outside Concord, and they spend the majority of their performance time outside of Concord. Do they really have the interests of Concord in their mind when they are fighting development and business? The people of Concord deserve development and the option of choosing which bingo hall they would like to play at. Please make the decision that is best for Concord. That is the decision you were elected to make.

Thanks,

- soccerguy315

Hell, why doesn't the activity just fold already so you can be happy? :smile:

Now, come on Tekk. You can't possibly believe that would make me happy, even with what little you know about me.

I challenge you to find any allusion of mine that would suggest I'd be happy if the activity folded.

Your hyperbole is showing.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me how what I've posted in this thread is UNTRUE, even off-topic as it appeared to some.

Now, come on Tekk. You can't possibly believe that would make me happy, even with what little you know about me.

I challenge you to find any allusion of mine that would suggest I'd be happy if the activity folded.

Your hyperbole is showing.

I'm still waiting for someone to show me how what I've posted in this thread is UNTRUE, even off-topic as it appeared to some.

Uhhh, that's why I put a smiley face at the end. Relax.

sent an email

The latent troll inside me applauds this wonderful piece of craftsmanship. Bonus troll points if you actually sent it. But it's this kind of BS that makes those of us opposed to the G7 look like a bunch of ########.

Still, I hope BD is ready to counter the arguments you made in your troll post, since they're the arguments that will be used to justify this proposal. The economic one is especially dangerous.

Uh, yea. Got it. Funny. No worries.

We really need that sarcasm emoty, yes?

Yes we do.

On another note, the word "tenderloin" is extremely funny when you say it with a British accent.