Drums Along the Rockies

A better corps than yours. Is that enough?

Wow bush league, the sad thing is I agree with you 100% and think he's being ridiculous for not admitting that the moves BD did last year required skill and the chairs were not used more than a minute maybe. Really though I'm surprised someone would go as ad hominem as calling out the placement of his last show, this thread has had a lot of bs statements but that right there is total ####. But I march a very low placing DCA corps at the moment so pay no attention to me until I place higher than your corps.

Back to the topic I did not see the show tonight and can't afford fan network this year (bummer :() so I won't comment on the spread or the score.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Dude did you see our drill? Our dots were all over the place. Our visual package looked like Rocky's face after he fought the Russian.>

So...yours is bigger than ours, huh?

I don't know you, but you sound like an 11 year old kid...only kids think they can get the world to agree with them simply because they want that.

Most of us here are old...well, old enough to know that what we did BITD was easy with a capital E compared with most of what today's top corps are required to do.

Honk all you want, but show a little class...

Okay. I want to apologize for my indiscretion at Finals in 2009. There were things that happened to me, personally, that night that I will not go into that put me in an emotional state of mind and I took it out on the wrong people. I am sorry. It had nothing to do with Blue Devils, as a whole.

So, with this apology, can we please forget that I did that and move past it? I admit that I was wrong, but there is more to the story that I know would make you all realize why I did it and not think I'm some immature teenager mentally who was just booing because his corps didn't win.

Based on our PM's late last night, I can say with some authority that you are a good guy who had a bad moment. All is good! :smile:

After multiple viewings, kudos BD :smile:

After multiple FN viewings, (no I don't sleep alot), I would say Cadets are still my dark horse for winning with Crown extremely close. I feel 5 more weeks

of cleaning will put both of these corps above BD's even if they got a 90 tonight. At this point, some judges have seen some corps a few times and some corps

never so I give this another few weeks to iron out. I don't see BD's winning. Im not a judge and I watched them 2 more times on FN which isn't easy for any

human being and I still wouldn't put them above 3 at the end.

Great performances by all tonight. That said...

I certainly can't see this show appealing to a G7 "Nascar Interaction", "Cirque-ish", "Hype me up" with Michael Buffer announcing type of crowd. I guess we still have to play the game before all of that becomes a reality?

That is all.

Bigger spread at the top than I would have thought, but the placements seemed right.

And my God, will someone let Glassmen's guard staff know that their show ISN"T a middle-eastern version of La Cage aux Folles? There's no reason to put the men in the guard in Arabic drag.

LOL! Funniest (and most accurate) quote of the night!

The guard guys have to turn in their man-cards after this one. :smile:

Three things overheard in the section I was in last night.

From what appeared to be a 10-12 year old young lady, "That's not Drum Major Jeffrey. That's Drum Major Bobby Boucher."

When the BD guard is standing in front of the mirrors at the start of their show, "Yes, the mirror's do make you look fat."

And the always reliable quote during the marriage proposal, "Don't do it, it's a trick."

What the recaps make clear is that BD is really meeting the expectations of the visual judging fraternity, just as they did in 2008 and 2009. Consistently over the last few years, visual judges have not only called it for BD but put up big spreads - 1.0 over the Cadets in GE Visual tonight.

I'm not sure whether BD is just very good at writing to the visual sheets, or if the judges think that BD's visual vocabulary and technique are that far beyond everyone else, but it's definitely the key to their competitive success. If you tend to react to shows musically first - and I know I do - it's easy to overlook what they're getting rewarded for.

This is what happens when you have WGI judges (colorguard judges) judging drumcorps. you get a show full of staging.

"(DCImonkey @ Jul 10 2010, 11:58 PM) *

You can't synchronize drill with music when your brass doesn't play for 4 minutes straight."

So for you to claim that BD went 4 continuous minutes without playing is pure BS...a claim clearly made without actually timing the show. I seem to recall others making a similar claim against Cavies a few years back....BS then and BS now.

Next time, actually DO the math before making such a claim.

Winner.

Edited by wvu80