Carolina Crown down to 7 snares

I feel badly for that poor girl, but they will be fine.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It brings up a question I've had for a while: Has DCI or any of the corps ever lobbied for the medical redshirt option a la the NCAAs?

Topic? If they want the volume back, they need to SCOOP SCOOPY DOOP.

Edited by tommytimp

It brings up a question I've had for a while: Has DCI or any of the corps ever lobbied for the medical redshirt option a la the NCAAs?

Topic? If they want the volume back, they need to SCOOP SCOOPY DOOP.

What's the medical redshirt option that you speak of? :smile:

I'm not familiar with it. :tongue:

What's the medical redshirt option that you speak of? :smile:

I'm not familiar with it. :tongue:

like in college sports, an athlete can choose to "redshirt" for the season, sit out and heal, and then still have however many years of elegibilty left. unfortunately that cant happen in DCI..........yet...?

Isn't she the drumline captain? "Serious talent" is an understatement. Especially considering she's got a few years left. Mind boggling, really.

If that;s the case, that's a bit of a blow to Crown...the center snare's a leadership position...

Star of Indiana won the DCI title with only 5 snares so it's only a mind thing the brass instructors can adjust dynamics as

needed to compensate the lack of snares . Hey ----- wait a minute put microphones on the snares , problem solved ! :smile:

I'm just curious; do you think Crown is getting tired of hearing how they look like and remind everyone of Star? With that being said percussion is an issue for Crown they are already sitting behind Cadets, PR, Bluecoats, and BD. It is always difficult to loose someone (don't care what section) this late into the season.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'm just curious; do you think Crown is getting tired of hearing how they look like and remind everyone of Star? With that being said percussion is an issue for Crown they are already sitting behind Cadets, PR, Bluecoats, and BD. It is always difficult to loose someone (don't care what section) this late into the season.

To be fair they've beaten all those lines as well (except of course BD who they haven't gone head-to-head with (yet!!)). At the last show the margin was only 4 tenths to the coats. It's a bit early to be pushing the panic button :)

Speaking of captions, VP and CG are both much improved vs. 2009. Great to see such strong improvements in captions that many were calling weaknesses.

As for the Star comparisons, I don't think it affects the members at all. So I don't imagine they are "getting tired of hearing" about it. It's primarily fans who make the comparison and talk about it with each other. While there is certainly Star DNA in Crown, I think they've developed their own unique identity. They don't need to be 2nd coming of any other corps.

Edited by corpsband

To be fair they've beaten all those lines as well (except of course BD who they haven't gone head-to-head with (yet!!)). At the last show the margin was only 4 tenths to the coats. It's a bit early to be pushing the panic button :)

Speaking of captions, VP and CG are both much improved vs. 2009.

As for the Star comparisons, I don't it affects the members at all. So I don't they are "getting tired of hearing" about it. It's primarily fans who make the comparison and talk about it with each other.

It comes down to this, come Indy Crown's percussion line will need to place in the top three in order to have a chance to win the Crown (no-pun intended).

As for the comparison to Star of Indiana, I would much prefer to remember Crown as Crown comparing them to no one. I thought they were on their way to building an identity. The corps I aged out with could never be replicated nor has a corps tried to (hint: east coast from Massachusetts).

Irving

Fan of the Arts

SCV was top 2 in drums with 7 snares 96-98, and 03, off the top of my head. Instrumentation wise Crown will be fine. I would agree with the earlier comment about their technique being very unhealthy, but most importantly I feel for the girl who had to step out.

Several posters had the same thought as me:

July 4th parade in Evanston IL- I heard a drumline coming well before I could see them.

All I could hear was a snare line and a bottom bass at first, and I looked at my wife and said "Cavaliers."

They sounded great up close. 5 toms, 5 basses, 9 loud as he"" snares...on mylar (and short shells).

Why not try? Star existed almost exclusively in the kevlar era, yet marched mylar several times for the sound...