Oh...oh my...BD's snare line with a 12 year old...

Dan Potter did a Field Pass episode on Brandon. Not only did he learn Dit-'08, not only did he learn this year's opener, he also TRANSCRIBED the music while learning it. The kid didn't just watch videos and emulate what he saw/heard.

#^%$$#!!! I didn't know that! Even more reason to love this kid!

Can you imagine if he starts writing drum parts and has the same kind of talent???

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Potter did a Field Pass episode on Brandon. Not only did he learn Dit-'08, not only did he learn this year's opener, he also TRANSCRIBED the music while learning it. The kid didn't just watch videos and emulate what he saw/heard.

You know ScoJo has that family's contact info and is waiting for Brandon to get old enough to march. B corps first, for sure, since he needs more than just chops, but, assuming he doesn't burn out, this kid is going to be a heck of an asset to the drum line in a few years.

..and not just the BD organization. That video was shot in Riverside. Brandon can go through RCC.

/sarcasm on

... or you can look at it as: BD's line is so easy a 12yo could do it!

/end sarcasm

Kid looked great!

He's just like that black kid. Jay jay, I believe? Still pretty good for his age nonetheless

Mozart was sorta-ok at piano when he was 10.

Mozart was sorta-ok at piano when he was 10.

haha thats good^^

This kid is great! I'm a trumpet player, but i marched snare in my highschools school winter percussion last year, and for fun i tried printing out ditty (the original) i cant even play it half speed. It'll be fun to watch this kid develop.

I'm no percussionist, but INCREDIBLE. That kid has innate skill that will take him far.

Has anyone ever heard of Darren Hazlett..aka Tweety? Rumor has it he was supposed to be in the 92 X-Men snare line at age 14 he was that good.....but was too small to carry the drum. You'll see him in the pit that year. Went on to march who knows how many years with X-Men...finally aging out in the late 90's.