Misdirected Hostility

I didn't read all the posts here---but----as an ---older fan---i can go back to the 60's---and as one that is as invested in the activity as i was back then-----i gave up on --scores a long many years ago---i truly don't care who wins-----i know which shows i like---which i don't care much for----and----i know the ones i think are to become--to me-- classic---so-----maybe a different view of the activity might help-----so what if B.D. won by over 2 pts-----they don't have what i consider the best program right now------although that might change as we get further into the season----so---right now---i --for one --am just enjoying the season---and the continued joy that Drum Corps brings to me --each and every season.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really getting to you, huh?

Too funny!

Hey Congrads to your win! Seriously they are both great corps. Its a long season to go and anything can happen but that spread was wrong and everyone knows it! They had a right to boo and I think any reasonable person would know that they were not booing the BD but the score... The funny part is The Cadets must have really wowed the croud because they are far from their hometown. It is the Politics of the judging that always is the factor. Unfortunatly it will never change. WGI this year had the same problems. There were guards that were strong all year and should have been in the top 15 that at finals they were not even in the top 24! DCI's money comes from us the fans...maybe eveyone should make a phone call to them to let them know how dissapointed you are of the scoring. If enough people call, then maybe they will pay attention to what their fan base thinks!

Its Politics and there is nothing anyone can do about it! The BD won the show last year but something that hasn't happened in a long time! The Cadets are winning back the the respect and hearts of the fans! They got to feel good about that! Its funny you don't see any posts bashing them this year about thier show.....I think this is a first!

I have absolutely no idea what this means, as the Blue Devils are not even an All Male Corps.

Can to elaborate, oldsnare ?

It's not literal - it's like saying they are the top dog in drum corps (they are not dogs, but that kind of meaning)

Edited by oldsnare

Definitely do need to look at the whole GE caption and how its judged. GE doesnt seem to accurately effect the effect a show has on the general audience at all, which it should. Going back the past couple finals even, i see no way that Crown shouldntve won GE in 09, and PR shouldve blown out that caption in 08, if we were judging on sheets that more accurately reflected the GE of the show as perceived by the audience.

Edited by AlexL

Are you a sports fans? Have you ever booed the crap out of the opposing team? It's awesome! Especially the Dallas Cowboys....God I loathe the Dallas Cowboys.

only JIM JOYCE

Its a long season to go and anything can happen but that spread was wrong and everyone knows it!

Factually, you don't know this. You are just speculating.

Edited by BRASSO

BD isn't going to be around much longer.

Oh, something tells me they'll be around for a long time to come. And they'll keep being amazing. And they'll keep winning. And there will continue to be much wailing and gnashing of teeth on DCP. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And FYI, soccer is waaaaaay more boring than BD.

I love how someone can start a post telling someone to grow up when his post is filled with anger. :smile:

LOL

I just meant that if you just can't be nice... the judges are the only ones that deserve criticism.

Nobody's perfect, but there are some people out there(and most of them are DCP posters, LOL) that would actually BOO a corps because of their score... but ACTUALLY BOOOO at a show?? there's no room for that. Obviously the people booing are non-corps members, or they are people that were in corps that never grew up and are still holding onto "corps rivalries" 10 years later....