The Minneapolis Mash-Up

Yes. That's pronunciation No. 1. Believe it or not, hubby tells me there are two. Duh SHAYNE is the English pronunciation, Duh SHEEN the French pronunciation. The original family name was Deschênes, but somewhere along the line someone anglicized it (because the last "s" is silent). It's French, literally meaning "of the oaks" (des chênes). Kinda neat name to marry into, since I marched in Oakland Crusaders!

Like Paul and Isabel : )

G

Crossmen - Bummer, I missed them! I stepped out for dinner and came back after the show had resumed, apparently.

Madison - Very old-school feel to their show, which isn't really to my liking, but the crowd seems to be eating them up. The guard seems almost non-existent to me. My focus is continually going to the whites in the uniform tops (aussies/gauntlets) - I've barely noticed the guard. Also, looks like Madison is down two tubas to 18. But still powerful.

All I could think of during Madison's show was Phantom performing Rhapsody in Blue in 2005...

Then you're too young to remember the Scouts playing Rhapsody in the 70s? Some of us were thinking the same thing when Phantom played in ought-five.

Governaires, interesting arrangement of Night in Tunisia. Always love the screaming.

Agreed. I think I'd buy an app of his reading stock quotes all day. :ph34r:

One of the benefits of being is a University of Missouri fan is the Brandt announces Marching Mizzou. College MB doesn't hold a candle to drum corps, but his voice does add a certain flair.

Another round of storms going to be coming through in about an hour :(

Like Paul and Isabel : )

Well, not quite, G. They're Duchesnay, which is probably a completely different word in French. Don't ask me what, though! :ph34r: