The Minneapolis Mash-Up

Just got home from Disneyland here in So Cal, and I have a few quick questions. Forgive me if this was covered somewhere in the first 45+ pages

1). Is the time off from the website, or what?! Right now it's 6:22 ish CT right? Is DCI's website wrong, or os the show two hours behind?

2). Does the sound generally suck for everyone? It's on oar from last week's Denver show, and I'm have to crank the snot out of my Bose system to get an almost acceptable volume. I was hoping last week in Denver was an exception, but two streams in a row is a disturbing trend of poor quality. I've got a real good tv, sound system, and computer (& last weeks Kalamazoo stream had better audio), so I can't imagine the poor quality is on my end. If anyone has any system suggestion to improve, I'm all ears.

1. There was a huge delay. Storms and whatnot.

2. Sounds fine from my Bose headphones.

That voice over was cheesy with an extra helping of corny

For a second there, I thought Brandt left his mic turned on and caught a personal conversation, LOL! Then I remembered . . . oh, yeah, mic'ed narration.

Just got home from Disneyland here in So Cal, and I have a few quick questions. Forgive me if this was covered somewhere in the first 45+ pages

1). Is the time off from the website, or what?! Right now it's 6:22 ish CT right? Is DCI's website wrong, or os the show two hours behind?

2). Does the sound generally suck for everyone? It's on oar from last week's Denver show, and I'm have to crank the snot out of my Bose system to get an almost acceptable volume. I was hoping last week in Denver was an exception, but two streams in a row is a disturbing trend of poor quality. I've got a real good tv, sound system, and computer (& last weeks Kalamazoo stream had better audio), so I can't imagine the poor quality is on my end. If anyone has any system suggestion to improve, I'm all ears.

1) Two delays for weather so far have put the show considerably off schedule.

2) I must be the only one that thinks the sound really isn't that bad. I didn't think it was going to be incredible to start out with though. It rarely ever is on these webcasts.

Drum breaks where the horns come back in a the end of a four bar drum phrase really DO work better with just a little bit of dynamic build toward the end of the break, drum staffs....

Edited by mobrien

Yikes, I apologize for the typos. I'm using mu iPad and the typing accuracy is a bit off with the on-screen keyboard. Sorry :ph34r:

For a second there, I thought Brandt left his mic turned on and caught a personal conversation, LOL! Then I remembered . . . oh, yeah, mic'ed narration.

Ok, I've been curious about this for a while, but how do you pronounce your last name? Is it like "Duh SHAYNE"?

First time seeing the Colts and...it didn't do it for me. LOVED their show last year, but this year with the annoying voice overs and crooked lines (looked like a considerable amount of dirt to me) they seem to have a lot of work to do yet. Plus the holes were distracting. I dunno, I'm gonna have to watch this one a couple more times to see if I am missing stuff.

Cali.

Colts - I find them entertaining musically, but seeing the whole package I can now understand why they haven't been placing better. I understand the show conceptually from a metaphorical sense, but the theme just isn't coming across as well as I'm sure they hoped. How long until they realize this and decide that they should probably go ahead and ADD color to at least complement the theme's metaphorical concept with a LITERAL concept? Right now the visual program is a bit bland for a show with a title like that. Musically they've got some cleaning, but entertaining nonetheless. I think I noted three holes in the hornline?