The Minneapolis Mash-Up

Where did they come up with the performance order? Putting the dca corps and open class between the DCI world class? Top 12 corps going on before non top 12 corps? It doesn't make any sense.

Okay, here's a fun but semi-serious question -

With BD going on last and knowing the mid-west weather trait of heavy dew on summer nights whats gonna happen if they truck out they mirrors and they all fog up.....will this hinder their GE if the judges can't see their reflections......or will the guard squeegie(sp) them off just before the show starts....:))

all is jest but still.... :tongue:

If this happens, I expect BD's score to go up. The Judges will be impressed.

Lets face it, some of these judges couldn't fog up a mirror.

( hey, just kiddin', ya know)

Not that anyone cares, but the old lady and I made it to the Holiday Inn Metrodome here in Minneapolis just a few minutes ago!!! :tongue:

Traffic on 94 heading into the city is a bit snarled, but nothing compared to what we're used to in Chicago.

In any event, weather for tomorrow according to local news radio is forecasted to be hot and muggy, high of 93 with a 40% chance of thunderstorms late in the afternoon. Here's hoping that we dodge a bullet... :tongue:

I live a few blocks from a lake in the middle of Minneapolis and have been riding my bike around it after work the past few weeks.

Happy to report the skeeters aren't too bad yet. :tongue:

Just a heads up, if you haven't heard yet, that MNDOT will be closing I-94 completely between I-35W and Hwy 280, beginning Friday night at 10:00pm and lasting through 5:00am Monday. Please click the link below for a map of detours.

Detours to get to "The Bank"

Edited by mvbailey12

Okay, here's a fun but semi-serious question -

With BD going on last and knowing the mid-west weather trait of heavy dew on summer nights whats gonna happen if they truck out they mirrors and they all fog up.....will this hinder their GE if the judges can't see their reflections......or will the guard squeegie(sp) them off just before the show starts....:))

all is jest but still.... :tongue:

Just so you know, BD's guard is already rehearsing with long reach squeegies and are quite good at tossing them. However, I'm not sure at this point if they'll be asking for a $1 after each squeeg.

Where did they come up with the performance order? Putting the dca corps and open class between the DCI world class? Top 12 corps going on before non top 12 corps? It doesn't make any sense.

The order is the results from finals last year for World class with the 2 local senior corps performing between non-Top 12 and Top 12.

The order is the results from finals last year for World class with the 2 local senior corps performing between non-Top 12 and Top 12.

OK - I get it. They talk funny in Minnesota - they must think that way too! :tongue:

Uh oh....weather report for tomorrow off of weather.com...

"Thunderstorms...possibly severe, especially in the evening. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. Low 71F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%."

Edited by DanjrusMcRynky