Why Blue Devils Win

(Nobody can eat just one.... :tongue: )

For me it's much simpler than that. When I like their show, and they win, I'm glad they won. When I don't like their show and they win, I wish someone else who's show I enjoyed had won.

I haven't like BD's music in years. And it's prevented me from enjoying some of their more interesting drill moves.

But last night, WOW! That drill, those effects, that field-spread; I hated their music and I still loved that show!

(Back to my popcorn)

You know, I think I'm in total agreement: I don't think I could EVER pop in a recording of Blue Devil's music on a CD player, but their visual design and performance is a thing of beauty. I might want another corps to win, but I can't deny that IF BD wins again they certainly will deserve it!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just call it what it is......POLITICS! Watch a Cadets Practice one time! Lets see The BD one time do a demanding show like that and they will fall on their face. DCI needs to start giving credit for demand!

Are you freaking kidding me or what? BD demand level is very high this year. Cadets show is too. IF I had to give the nod to complexity it would still go to BD.

Bd is going to win with this show and win big. Cadets have the best chance at going after them from a design standpoint but they are going to have to clean top to bottom.

BD wins because they perform their style of show better than anyone else. By far.

There's really nothing to understand.

Are you freaking kidding me or what? BD demand level is very high this year. Cadets show is too. IF I had to give the nod to complexity it would still go to BD.

Bd is going to win with this show and win big. Cadets have the best chance at going after them from a design standpoint but they are going to have to clean top to bottom.

Explain the boo's? I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Explain the boo's? I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Their shows don't have to be the most enjoyable to win or be the best in this activity.

BD plays to the sheets very very well. Again, there is nothing to understand.

I certainly hope you didn't boo.

Lol

Naive, naive, naive

Cadets were not even in the same ballpark as Blue Devils when it comes to design sophistication and execution. If I made a drinking game last night with Cadets recycling visual ideas I would've been passed out long before they marched off the field. Blue Devils looked like they were in late season cleanliness (though they still had MUCH dirt, just no where near as much as others) while Cadets looked like early July.

It's obviously a long season and a TON can (and will) happen before it's all over. But if you think that a)BD has no demand and/or b) BD beat Cadets because of Politics, then you truly have no clue what you're talking about.

Unless you meant to say, "I REALLY don't like Blue Devils and I wish that Cadets, whom I like significantly better, would have won." The biggest problem with drum corps fans is that they often can't separate "personally like" with "competitive result." Often too many people think that just because they personally like a show more than another automatically means the judges missed something and got the results "wrong."

Again a whole stadium of people booooooing! A lot of fans felt this way uh?

Their shows don't have to be the most enjoyable to win or be the best in this activity.

BD plays to the sheets very very well. Again, there is nothing to understand.

I certainly hope you didn't boo.

?????????????????????? Answer my question....don't spin it! The whole stadium didn't like the spread, the scores , whatever....they booood! Is every fan that boo'd wrong? They were'nt at home either!