Why Blue Devils Win

It's seems like alot of us who thought, perhaps the spread between BD's and Cadets, was abit ambitious are being lectured to as if we are not sophistocated enough

to see the intense artistic superiority of the Blue Devils over every other corps in existence. Many of us marched in WC corps and have been watching DCI for years since. It does get abit old that year after year, no one on the planet except some WGI judges and some BD homers are the only people who get the Blue Devils.

I remember Star of Indiana in their big years and even though it wasn't my taste, it was obvious to anyone with a pulse, that they were at another level. I just don't see it here with BD's with these spreads. I guess I have to go back for a 4th time and watch the FN video of them again. Its really like getting a root canal, sorry.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your starting to crack...oh, and you forgot in your opinion..you speak in absolutions and each time you post you lose more and more credibility........anyone that boo'd for any reason was/is wrong..its not a gauge of anything but ignorance...Im sure most that boo'd didnt even think about the show the next day or could care less either...if their was booing last night, who on here was there, doing it and will be proud to admit it.......DCI doesnt look like idiots......I agree with last nights results, you dont..we cancel each other out, therefore our opinons dont even matter, or exist..makes the response a little more even keel......

G

No My kid wanted a sandwich and my wife was yelling at me to get of the computer! I think that was it!

It's seems like alot of us who thought, perhaps the spread between BD's and Cadets, was abit ambitious are being lectured to as if we are not sophistocated enough

to see the intense artistic superiority of the Blue Devils over every other corps in existence. Many of us marched in WC corps and have been watching DCI for years since. It does get abit old that year after year, no one on the planet except some WGI judges and some BD homers are the only people who get the Blue Devils.

I remember Star of Indiana in their big years and even though it wasn't my taste, it was obvious to anyone with a pulse, that they were at another level. I just don't see it here with BD's with these spreads. I guess I have to go back for a 4th time and watch the FN video of them again. Its really like getting a root canal, sorry.

rut roe! I don't know this guy I swear! lol :tongue:

?????????????????????? Answer my question....don't spin it! The whole stadium didn't like the spread, the scores , whatever....they booood! Is every fan that boo'd wrong? They were'nt at home either!

Is every "fan" that booed wrong?

Yes.

They are boors. And not real fans at all.

SOME, and I emphasis SOME, of DCI's fans are truly boorish jerks, interested in only "their team" and are arrogant enough to think that their opinion should matter when it comes to judging excellence (I'd also bet that most of them have never BEEN excellent in their lives, probably just sit around on their butts and armchair quarterback drum corps as their "hobby").

Some of the finest drum corps shows ever presented have been roundly booed. Star 92. Star 93. BD 88. Cadets 95. Cadets 97. And so on...

Real classy, eh?

You so sure you want to be on THEIR side? :tongue:

Whew, thanks ! It was getting hot in here! I totally agree! Its kind of like, If the Blue Devils do this then it has to be right because it was the BD! I am out of here! I can't wait till Atlanta! It should be a 6 point spread by then!

Whew, thanks ! It was getting hot in here! I totally agree! Its kind of like, If the Blue Devils do this then it has to be right because it was the BD! I am out of here! I can't wait till Atlanta! It should be a 6 point spread by then!

bye

Is every "fan" that booed wrong?

Yes.

They are boors. And not real fans at all.

SOME, and I emphasis SOME, of DCI's fans are truly boorish jerks, interested in only "their team" and are arrogant enough to think that their opinion should matter when it comes to judging excellence (I'd also bet that most of them have never BEEN excellent in their lives, probably just sit around on their butts and armchair quarterback drum corps as their "hobby").

Some of the finest drum corps shows ever presented have been roundly booed. Star 92. Star 93. BD 88. Cadets 95. Cadets 97. And so on...

Real classy, eh?

You so sure you want to be on THEIR side? :tongue:

No that doesn't make no sence becuase the Cadets were in Colorado! I think the people who boo'd are safe to say that they were not on the Cadet team! Maybe they just liked The Cadets show more than the Judges did! The fact that they were so far away from home and people recated like that should really tell you something! Those people have a right to boo. they paid for that right and DCI blew it in their opinion.

One other thing.....if The Cadets would have won with that spead last night, would they have booed? Paying fans didn't like the call so they booed! If the booed the kids or the corps I agree classless. To let the judges know they blew it! Bring it on!

Edited by Benchmark

Things are about to get a whole lot more boring, then.

OH SNAP, BAWKER ON THE WARPATH

If this is so obvious, why do the corps with better design get beat by BD every year?

Totally opinion-based statement, and not provable in any way, shape or form. Translation, "Why do corps with shows you like better than the BD's get beat by them every year?" It is totally OK to not like a Blue Devil's show. In fact, this year is the first one I've enjoyed from them in a few years. I am, however, continually impressed by their product and skill level. I'm just happy at the variety of styles and show designs out there. I certainly have corps I pull for in the race for numbers, but I'm much more content to listen, watch and enjoy, than I am to worry about a points spread, or who edged out who by .05 in drums.