Your favorite musical shows of all time?

'87 Garfield

'98 BD

'86, '87, '88 Skyriders

'85 SCV

'95 Madison

'07 Crown

'93 BK (ok, i'm a trekkie...sue me...)

'95 Cavaliers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know how I forgot this one.

Phantom - "Faust"

Was this the Bolero show? That was Amazing music.....their best year imo...

Yeah, Boston 2000 was a show titled "Red" - it was Bolero, Con te Parto, Day Danse and Fiesta. It makes my list of favorite music, but itt also makes my list of favorite all-around shows based on an outstanding drill and GE out the yin-yang. They were a huge crowd favorite all season, and if I remember correctly got a standing ovation on the way into the stadium on Finals night, and quite a few standing O's during. One highlight for me is the quotation from Conquest that they threw into the closer. The oldtimers and dinosaurs payed them the ultimate respect of shouting back the classic old-school response duh duh huh duh huh duh duh duh... still gives me goose bumps.

G,

'89 BD was truly outstanding musically.

For me, BD up to 1993 had some of the best musical moments ever put on the field!

Also, SCV '88 was all about the emotion! Listen to the soloist and compare them to the '89 solos. '88 as a group wins hands done. Very musical and emotional. I loved the co-oed guard in '88.

'89 was about power, precision, and execution.

I do like your choices though! :thumbup:

see...I felt the show, while outstanding, im just splitting hairs, was somewhat cumbersome in 88...full of spectacle and GE and awesome moments but I felt the intensity, determination and passion in the 89 offering. The guard conveyed the emotion of the music perfect and as an all female guard offered vulnerability and a sense of disdain or remorse telling the tale of Christine and the phantom....I loved the musical intro , you could feel the suspense and knew what was about to be unleashed.

Phantom 03 - Best music ever done in my opinion

see...I felt the show, while outstanding, im just splitting hairs, was somewhat cumbersome in 88...full of spectacle and GE and awesome moments but I felt the intensity, determination and passion in the 89 offering. The guard conveyed the emotion of the music perfect and as an all female guard offered vulnerability and a sense of disdain or remorse telling the tale of Christine and the phantom....I loved the musical intro , you could feel the suspense and knew what was about to be unleashed.

Yes, the beginning of '89 was great, but that co-ed guard in '88 was just plain talented.

The solos in '89 and the holes just do it in for me. '88 all the way! :lol:

I liked '89 too, saw it in Centerville, saw their rehearsal technique and knew that they had a monster of a show. I loved the masks too.

To me, it was amazing that '88 was softer and more tender than '89 even with the all female guard in '89.

Heh, and back to the thread topic, I have to give props to '88 and '89 Cavies.

'88 Firebird Suite

'89 Gloria - Gloria - Andante and Allegro Vivace * Images Diabolique * Gloria - Vivace E Ritmico

'88, the "non-shoop" version of Firebird with drill that matched the music perfectly.

88 Blue Devils - My reaction to the first time hearing this was :doh:

89 Phantom - Oh how I wish they had a drum book

90 Star - Cause that hornline had balls.

93 Star - My all time favorite show. I think I'll go on FN and watch it tonight.

93 Blue Devils - Those arrangements, that hornline :lol:

94 Blue Devils - See above and add a drumline.

1999 SCV- For having the greatest opener ever.

2004 SCV - Balls

2006 Phantom - :music: