Blue Knights penalized 8.6 points.

WOW!

Btw, Acheson doesn't make the rules nor does he enforce them when it comes to penalties at a competition. He operates the org on the business end. And what does Brandt have to do with a penalty? The man is an announcer and has only been an announcer for DCI for 25 years or so (maybe more ... I don't know).

The rule is the rule agreed upon by the DCI BoD, the rules committee and the final vote by all DCI corps directors. If you want to blame anyone, it should be them. I think the penalty stinks, but this is just a good case to investigate during the off season to find a way to add amendments to the rule so a near 9 pt penalty doesn't happen again when a truck breaks down.

Again......

WOW ............. and shame on you

So the next time you run a red light in Oshkosh and they give you 90 days in jail - that will be fine in your world. Get real Supersop. FYI - BD was late by 15 minutes three weeks ago - penalty assessed - zero - DCI wouldn't dare assess a penalty to their top corp......

Seems the penalty is gone from the recaps. There ya go.

Oh for crying out loud, add the penalty to their score and there you go. Thats where they placed. It's not like it was DCI finals or something.

What if it was Finals though? Can you imagine getting assessed that big of a penalty for stepping off late? It would cause a huge uproar.

I know regulations need to exist and we have to keep corps on a reasonable schedule (otherwise everyone would take their sweet time getting on and off), but the penalty just seems pretty high.

anyone want to admit that they feel stupid?

Maybe the guy speeding in Oshkosh.

I've read some of your other 80 posts over the past 5 years .......... you should really see a surgeon about that stick stuck problem.

Like I said ......... even if the penalty wasn't removed ..... the issue should be looked at and amended during the off season.

Seems the penalty is gone from the recaps. There ya go.

Which I have absolutely no problem with, as long no other corps this season in DCI is assesed even a .001 late step off penalty regardless of how late they step off, and the rule is amended in the off season to remove the late step off penalty completely.

When the powers that be start ignoring rules for whatever reason, one has to question why the rule is there in the first place, and one has to wonder what other "rules" are subject to change at the drop of a hat.

So the next time you run a red light in Oshkosh and they give you 90 days in jail - that will be fine in your world. Get real Supersop. FYI - BD was late by 15 minutes three weeks ago - penalty assessed - zero - DCI wouldn't dare assess a penalty to their top corp......

They didn't get a penalty. You can officially calm down now. :thumbup: