Penalties

In the event a Corps would get a 8 point penalty for traffic delayed equipment truck.....I was just wondering has the time come for dci to re-evaluate how it hands them out, if a corps is delayed by traffic etc....I don't think it should be a point penalty anymore, I think it should be more a financial one as the one it hurts is the show promoters so lets say you're docked $50 per 5 minutes and that money is refunded to the promoter....it would give incentive to corps to be ontime but at the same time it wouldn't affect the kids performance score....while somoe would say don't penalize the corps but what about the promoter who might suffer because of lights having to stay on past contracted time, or running over into a "sound curfew" and getting ticketed....etc....

Edited by blueorginal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why you would want to assess a penalty that would financially impact a drum corps. They are on thin ice enough as it is. I don't think the show promoter was hurt in any significant way to warrant giving them money back. I don't know what the resolution ended up being. Did it cause a significantly delay between performances or was the performance order switched to accommodate? Either way I can't imagine the crowd being all that inconvenienced and surely they got over it once they started listening to that outstanding hornline.

I would much prefer artifically impacting a score versus taking $ away from a corps.

By the way, BK was not penalized last night. Just letting you know.

Edited by skajerk

By the way, BK was not penalized last night. Just letting you know.

hmmnnn.. so do you know the story? When they first posted scores there was no penalty, then there was, now there isn't.

Are you serious??? lol Is this thread a serious question or is it sarcasm?

What I want to know is, why does anyone give a ####???! Did it hurt them? No. Do they not get to march the rest of the season? No. So, penalty or not, who cares?? I wouldn't care of it was a 100pt penalty as it is meaningless in the grand scheme.

And no, no need for change. The penalty is what it is and each corps should be responsible for their actions and for arriving at the show on time. Responsibility falls to whomever bears the responsibility...not trying to find someone else to blame it on. The penalty os there for a reason and should be enforced.

And once again, IT MEANS NOTHING!!

hmmnnn.. so do you know the story? When they first posted scores there was no penalty, then there was, now there isn't.

Could've been as easy as a typo. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm actually going to agree with this. The members have zero control over when they are meant to perform and when they actually perform. It's not like a bunch of Blue Knights were driving the bus around town going "Holy crap we're late!" The staff gets them there and is told what time to be there. The members perform their show and get the score. There's no reason to penalize the members for something the staff did.

BK's penalty/no penalty thing is so......I cant say it here, but come on!

Why not go back to penalizing corps for running past their alloted show time.......but wait, when DOES each show START????

I think there needs to be more discussion on the fancy 'warm-ups' that some corps are doing now.

No more gathering in a circle on the field and blowing a few notes or drumming a few licks, no, now we have long pre-show, shows.

THAT needs to be regulated - not some truck being stuck in traffic!

....anyway, unless the penalty shows up competition after competition, what is the big deal?

Its not like a ticket showing up on your drivers license!

Its a one time thing.....hopefully!