World Class Scores as of July 23

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nah no fight...even if i was fuzzy on math and dates, his Cadets/BD score from later in July proves my point...the 2nd place corps was done by 4 points a month before finals.

and G and I won't fight...cause he knows I have the ultimate blackmail.

I was sitting right next to him in 2003 when he admitted he liked Boston and I heard him :tongue:

nah no fight...even if i was fuzzy on math and dates, his Cadets/BD score from later in July proves my point...the 2nd place corps was done by 4 points a month before finals.

I was sitting right next to him in 2003 when he admitted he liked Boston and I heard him :tongue:

Ugh, you revealed it, now you cant use it !! I'll get you Ream !!!!

G

Your "point" was that by seasons end the rest of the pack caught up to them...I proved with facts that it wasnt the case......numbers have no emotions. They tell the true story.

G

Ugh, you revealed it, now you cant use it !! I'll get you Ream !!!!

G

I will use it again and again..I may even have it on tape ( i know my weekend project now!)

we dont "go" at each other..we are friends.

I just have to correct him sometimes, and he does the same.

G

I know that. I was being funny.

Your "point" was that by seasons end the rest of the pack caught up to them...I proved with facts that it wasnt the case......numbers have no emotions. They tell the true story.

G

didn't catch up?

DCI finals 1994

BD 98.4

Cadets 97.7

Phantom 96.2

Cavies 95.6

so yes, they did catch up a lot...4 points to .7 for Cadets...and Cavies once less than a point away now all but 3 behind?

I win again you closet Boston fan you :tongue:

didn't catch up?

DCI finals 1994

BD 98.4

Cadets 97.7

Phantom 96.2

Cavies 95.6

so yes, they did catch up a lot...4 points to .7 for Cadets...and Cavies once less than a point away now all but 3 behind?

I win again you closet Boston fan you :tongue:

ugh...since when do we count nationals...we were talking regular season....you sneak, you changed the parameters......

((ps: I love BAC this year too..and...(wait for it) ...2000 is fastly becoming a favorite !!!))

G

Just to add some unbiased perspective to the conversation at hand, I'm an Oklahoma native who has only marched three weeks with The Troopers (filled a lead trumpet hole they had in '08 for the end of the season), so I've got no connection to BD other than enjoying their shows, and I have to say, I am always entertained, enthralled, and moved by their shows ('08 in particular since '04). I typically find them as or more entertaining than virtually any corps on the field nearly every year.

And just because the '08 finals was discussed, I was there that night, and watched all the top 12 corps several times before finals weekend, and all three times during, I thought I would give my peace on that matter. Phantom absolutely, positively stole the crowd on finals night. It was a ludicrous crowd reaction, and I'm not going to lie, I was right there with them. It was one of the single most powerful environments I've ever experienced in a DCI audience. However, I thought that BD was clearly the better corps that night (and all three, for that matter).

They were nearly flawless, and their show was more taxing. Phantom had them in drums, but none of the other captions should have been as close IMO. So for someone to say that PR was 2 points better than BD is insane. I would assert that BD was at least 1 point better than PR, who stole the show by putting out an insanely electric atmosphere that everyone bought (and rightfully so!).

Again, this isn't a detraction of PR, because I loved their show (almost as much as I loved BD's). I just think they won by virtue of owning the stadium, not the field.