What beer goes best with drum corps?

For the Troopers? My only thought is CHEAP beer or whiskey, since the real 11th Ohio Cavalry wouldn't have had anything else. Gotta stay true to the roots! :shutup:

But seriously, I'll usually enjoy a nice Widmer Hefeweizen or my own personal concoction, The Long Blue Hefeweizen. Delightful. :tongue:

Oh, and whoever said "cold and free" is spot on.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuengling is always a good choice espcecially from the tap. probably just about my favorite thing in the world (after drum corps of course :blink: ) also a huge fan of the Black and Tan.

Sea Dog Blue Paw would probably pair up very nicely with one of the Blue corps.

There's a local brew down here in Orlando called Orange Blossom Pilsner that would go great with a Teal Sound performance.

You also can't go wrong with Sam Adam's Summer Ale or Coastal Wheat.

I find both the Lime and Golden Wheat Varieties of Bud Light to be palatable, but not preferred.

My friends and I refuse to fall into the college #### beer trap of Natti or Keystone, but if we're low on funds, PBR does just fine.

St. Bernardus anyone?

:satisfied:

This question came up in the chat room during tonight's Box Center broadcast. What beer goes best with drum corps?

Discuss.

Keeping in mind drum corps is a youth activity, I would have to say root beer!! No one likes a loud mouth, rowdy drunk at a contest. No offense to anyone intended.

No one likes a loud mouth, rowdy drunk at a contest.

I was thinking of a case of PBR to start before the show, then maybe taking off my shirt and swinging it around during Spirits show and yelling "PLAY SOME FREEBIRD, #### IT!"

Thanks for ruining it for me. :tongue:

Keeping in mind drum corps is a youth activity, I would have to say root beer!! No one likes a loud mouth, rowdy drunk at a contest. No offense to anyone intended.

"Fat, drunk & stupid is no way to go through life, son." <$1 to Dean Wormer - Animal House>

Please put SR back in SR drum corps :tongue:

These kiddos are ruining the activity for us over 21ish guys :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was thinking of a case of PBR to start before the show, then maybe taking off my shirt and swinging it around during Spirits show and telling "PLAY SOME FREEBIRD, #### IT!"

Thanks for ruining it for me. :tongue:

I was at a Tennessee Titans game cause my dad had free tickets right? Im a Pats fan as is, but I went anyways. A guy down infront was drunk off his ###. Anyways after he had a few more beers at half time he came back. In the 3rd quarter I ripped his shirt off, all 300 lbs of his upper body was visible. Plus the guy had no underwear nor a belt, had his pants halfway down his ### the stadium staff goin nuts tryin to get him to leave, and he about got in a fight with them. Funniest thing I had ever seen. He was drinkin Bud the whole time, my dad was like "son there is a lesson to take home from this." I was like "what is it?" and my dad said, "Drinking Bud Light will do that to you, that's why you stick with quality beers like Blue Moon."

I was at a Tennessee Titans game cause my dad had free tickets right? Im a Pats fan as is, but I went anyways. A guy down infront was drunk off his ###. Anyways after he had a few more beers at half time he came back. In the 3rd quarter I ripped his shirt off, all 300 lbs of his upper body was visible. Plus the guy had no underwear nor a belt, had his pants halfway down his ### the stadium staff goin nuts tryin to get him to leave, and he about got in a fight with them. Funniest thing I had ever seen. He was drinkin Bud the whole time, my dad was like "son there is a lesson to take home from this." I was like "what is it?" and my dad said, "Drinking Bud Light will do that to you, that's why you stick with quality beers like Blue Moon."

I am sorry about that. It was my first beer:) :tongue::thumbup:

To the person asking about Beer at the Georgia dome.

I cannot remember if they had beer or was it over priced.

Regardless I went across to the street to the CNN center. There is a huge food court there and a couple of restaurants that sell beer and it was typically priced for bar beer.