Say something nice about a 2011 corps/show

Better your way than mine! :thumbdown:

"Jeffeory"

It's " Little Jeffrey " FYI .

Kudos to Blue Stars for their most entertaining show to date, and my favorite show this year. Fabulous arrangements of music that has rarely clicked on the drum corps field! And my favorite mello book of the year performed at incredible levels since early in the season. Keep striving! :thumbdown:

Also Phantom has my vote this year what a drop dead beautiful show , Ilove absolutly everything that Phantom has to offer. the flugle horn soloist , that outstanding Renick ( Mr. & Mrs. ) percussion , That J.D. Shaw brass and the beautiful

colorguard this corps should be in the top 5 easily ! Smitty

Big thumbs up to Cavaliers this year, for being able to mix a super entertaining show with their awesome drill! Mad World is probably the most interesting product out there, and I'm a huge fan. :thumbdown:

SCV's drill this year really shows off how the visual can complement the music, you can almost see the music happening when they move. It's so great.

Every hornline sounds great in the lot! (Figure out why)

Every battery (snares, quads, basses, plates) sounds great in the lot! (Figure out why)

IMHO I truly believe that Blue Devils 2010 is on the threshold of mirroring the Kenton vision. They are to date delivering it so well and they should enjoy that success - that they know they have achieved. It's been such a thrill to watch and hear. BD is a concert orchestra moving, reflecting, blending and visually rapturing their audience not only with great musical elements that require the highest level of technical ability and execution they do it and love doing it!

The Euph's and the Mellos (Horns) are fantastic! Their Naval Hymn by Ott features them as a Encore tribute. I teer up each time I hear them.

The trumpets well that is a given...they are being taught by legends and they know it! Humble, Poised and Executing!

....." Kenton sought to lead a concert orchestra as opposed to a dance band at a time when most big bands were starting to break up. By 1947 Kai Winding was greatly influencing the sound of Kenton's trombonists...

In 1949 Kenton took a year off. In 1950 he put together his most advanced band, the 39-piece Innovations in Modern Music Orchestra that included 16 strings, a woodwind section, and two French horns. Its music ranged from the unique and very dense modern classical charts of Bob Graettinger to works that somehow swung despite the weight. "

Blue Knights had me a humming and Bluecoats had me a toe-tapping. That was my reaction when I watched vods. Sometimes I'd rather enjoy the moment than explain why I enjoyed the moment. It felt right nice to hum and toe-tap at that moment in time...:smile:

Have to say hands down the Bluecoats have the best soloists this year. Their mello solo starting the ballad actually sounds like a concert French Horn, and their baritone soloist is insane. :smile: