Showdown in SA-Town

I think the idea that BD may be stalling at 92.whatever is at least worth consideration. Not hating, really, just looking at the scores from this past week.

The corps last five shows were the following: 92.3. 92.45, 92.00, 91.150. Compare that to Cadets: 90.50, 89.00, 89.550, 88.8, 87.350. What a difference a week makes for both corps.

I doubt that and I hope you put on your flame suit..BD fans will not take kindly to it. (but secretly I hope you are right)as I prepare my torch shield!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Troopers are making a late surge to try to contend for finals. They are still 2 points behind Gmen, but, most of that is in percussion. (1.5?). If they can close this gap and continue to move up in GE and execution they may surprise. The judges are beginning to see the change and rewarding them by increasing the spread over the other corps (Academy, Spirit, etc....) that have been their main competition. I'm just glad that finals are a week later than last year so that Troop can iron out more issues with their show!!!! :tongue:

I doubt that and I hope you put on your flame suit..BD fans will not take kindly to it. (but secretly I hope you are right)as I prepare my torch shield!

I should have not written anything and just posted the scores. I think raw data deserves analysis... everything else is scrutinized so why not a week of scores?

I should have not written anything and just posted the scores. I think raw data deserves analysis... everything else is scrutinized so why not a week of scores?

Oh,I'm not flaming on you at all,just was trying to look out for ya! I've seen what has happened to anyone who has said anything even remotely negative about BD lately. It has been getting fiesty! I can see exactly what you are saying,or should I say what the scores are saying.

Academy thrown for a loss of .850, falls behind Troopers by 1.25.

Their visual ensemble placed 10th behind Mandarins. Wonder if they added new stuff? Hope they can hang on to 14th place after tomorrows scores. OK, guys "visualize Improvement", I know you can do it. :tongue:

Oh,I'm not flaming on you at all,just was trying to look out for ya! I've seen what has happened to anyone who has said anything even remotely negative about BD lately. It has been getting fiesty! I can see exactly what you are saying,or should I say what the scores are saying.

Haha thanks I do appreciate it, but I've endured much worse than the current backlash (especially having despised Crown's offerings the last few years - not this year though. Finally I can say I dig a Crown show). I'll let the scores talk for themselves, but I'm sure others won't! What fun would that be?

Just want to say GOOD JOB Santa Clara Vanguard!!! (a little puzzled by the brass numbers, but......), so happy to see an 87+!! GO SCV!!

As a member of the TV Media, I'm always so impressed with how savy the Madison press and media outlets are when it comes to covering DCI for the entire week. The Newscast really play it up. I remember when they used to have a parade

around the Capital that featured all the corps, it was terrific! The atmosphere all around Madison is electric with excitement.

I must also give a shout out to LaCrosse, The Blue Stars show I attended there in 2006 was wonderful too. The Radison Hotel by the lake, down the street from the stadium is in a beautiful setting. Wisconsin is just a incredible drum corps capital.

I agree with you 100%, I enjoyed driving around Madison and out in the country, just beautiful!

Interesting, but I have a very different impression. My sense is that while there is a small but very vocal collection of BD die-hards who will attack anything on this board that isn't pro-Devils (if you watch, you'll see the same screen names over and over again), I've found most posters here to be lukewarm if not negatively disposed to BDs 2010 offering. I think you'll hear the same roar of approval from the crowd we heard in 2008 if someone (anyone really) can step up and beat Devils at finals.