New High Score at Finals?

Are you looking at the same BD 2010 that I saw this weekend???? They play and move more than ANYONE I saw... Mind you... at the end of the show the music is comparable to getting plastered drunk and waking up with a fat chick next to you trying to figure out.... what happened??? (No offense to fat chicks)

What they are doing is simply amazing... As much as it would be nice to see Crown or Bluecoats or Cavies and hell... even Boston win a ring NONE of them are on the same planet as BD this year in design and execution...

Will they get the highest score in DCI history? I have no idea... ask ms Cleo... Is it better than 2002 or 2005 Cavies and Cadets respectively? tough question... but I think it is one of the mot clever products EVER put on the field in DCI competition...

Not sure I agree with either comment. There is a good bit of tacit time in the brass where the pit takes over the responsibilities. It's similar to their formula from last year, which worked for them, but it's still there. Their "moving" is very different than other groups for sure.

I'm not sure they'll get a new high score. I guess we'll see soon enough.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way!!!

OMG, we disagree on something. Well, you can't be perfect, G. :blink:

It's gona happen every once in a while...we're sill "good" .

2002 Cavaliers guard irked the bejeezus out of me..Flags did the exact same technique throughout the entire show, set up for the same effect and the only diversity came when they did the "fight club" nonsense........

Blue Devils in 2002 should have won colorguard..not the show, but guard, yes. If you were to equate guard work to music score, BD played many more notes and at different tempos and technoques, going for varied approaches for effect and their staging was very exposed.

but back to BD 2010 vs Cavaliers 2002 for my basis of the statement. While I still need a live read on Blue Devils...from what I see the wrok is just so much more complex, utilizing multiple techniques, a variety of inovsative styles and presentations and a much more complex interaction with the theme....tons more in terms of physical demand also.

And Brass ?? Forget about it...we all know playing jazz is hard, selling it is even harder. This show cooks..and there is source music to compare it too. "Frameworks" was an original score, a study in whole average score and nothing really clever or unique. THe fact that it was oroginal made it more unique than what was actually being played.

just my take on things.

G

Edited by GMichael1230

It's gona happen every once in a while...we're sill "good" .

2002 Cavaliers guard irked the bejeezus out of me..Flags did the exact same technique throughout the entire show, set up for the same effect and the only diversity came when they did the "fight club" nonsense........

Blue Devils in 2002 should have won colorguard..not the show, but guard, yes. If you were to equate guard work to music score, BD played many more notes and at different tempos and technoques, going for varied approaches for effect and their staging was very exposed.

but back to BD 2010 vs Cavaliers 2002 for my basis of the statement. While I still need a live read on Blue Devils...from what I see the wrok is just so much more complex, utilizing multiple techniques, a variety of inovsative styles and presentations and a much more complex interaction with the theme....tons more in terms of physical demand also.

And Brass ?? Forget about it...we all know playing jazz is hard, selling it is even harder. This show cooks..and there is source music to compare it too. "Frameworks" was an original score, a study in whole average score and nothing really clever or unique. THe fact that it was oroginal made it more unique than what was actually being played.

just my take on things.

G

While I won't speak on whether Cavies 02 is better than BD 10 or vice versa, I will agree that Cavies music that year was overrated IMO. Some technical passages here and there, but overall just kinda blah.

God, I hate agreeing with you.... :blink:

Is Blue Devils 2010 REALLY better than "Frameworks" or "The Zone?"

Frameworks - Yes

The Zone - Can't say because I haven't seen Blue Devils live this year yet. I will say that the 2005 Cadets corps were truly beasts from the East. Scary good. And that's an unbiased opinion even tho my best friend marched that show :blink:

As a life long drum corps fan, it is sad to think that the show that may set a record for the highest score is a show that I struggle to sit through the entire presentation. And I don't care how well they perform, drum corps isn't just about performance levels, at least for me.

I struggled to sit through the drumspeak crap in Cadets 2005...people need to understand that because they don't like something it doesn't make it bad. I love BD's show this year as do many others.

As a life long drum corps fan, it is sad to think that the show that may set a record for the highest score is a show that I struggle to sit through the entire presentation. And I don't care how well they perform, drum corps isn't just about performance levels, at least for me.

thats happened to me with every World Class/D1 show that popped a 99.

that said I predict half of BD;s finals numbers are 10's, with at least two captions that are perfect 20's

thats happened to me with every World Class/D1 show that popped a 99.

that said I predict half of BD;s finals numbers are 10's, with at least two captions that are perfect 20's

I would be fine with those numbers if bluecoats are still in second no more than 2 points behind them. I think a 97+ and 2nd place finish for my corps would be great.

Is Blue Devils 2010 REALLY better than "Frameworks"

No. Frameworks was entirely original AND accessible.

the fact that the two shows are 8 years apart makes it that much worse. You wouldn't even think of comparing 80 BD to 72 Anaheim, or 2000 Cadets/Cavies to 92 Cavies. 90 Cadets to 82 BD? UUUUUUUUUH.....still no. But here ppl are defending BD against a show that is over one full generation of marchers older. A show that was marched by people now in their 30s. Some with kids old enough to march BDC. That's pretty hilarious.

No. Frameworks was entirely original AND accessible.

the fact that the two shows are 8 years apart makes it that much worse. You wouldn't even think of comparing 80 BD to 72 Anaheim, or 2000 Cadets/Cavies to 92 Cavies. 90 Cadets to 82 BD? UUUUUUUUUH.....still no. But here ppl are defending BD against a show that is over one full generation of marchers older. A show that was marched by people now in their 30s. Some with kids old enough to march BDC. That's pretty hilarious.

Huh? Only as hilarious/ridiculous as the people -- equal in number -- who think BD 2010 pales in comparison, I hope. I'm wary of turning this into a BD fans v. everyone else moment.

Edited by saxfreq1128