How close is DCA to having amps/electronics?

DCA will get amps - but they'll be the old "tube" amps - giant sized and they'll make a hissing sound all the time...

I think Victrolas on the side-line too - probably next in line...

Actually, the older transistor amps made more hiss.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the older transistor amps made more hiss.

I didn't think it through... weak research...

CorpsVets have not/do not/have no plans to use amps or electronics. Dont even think we own an extension cord.

Heavy duty 25/50 ft extension cords make great tie-downs. :blink:

DCA is Growing. DCI..........not so much. Just sayin...........

Dude - you're kidding right? Please say you're kidding. DCA is growing? Explain that to Rochester Crusaders, Brigadiers, Sunrisers, and then to each corps with fewer than 30 brass.

If you mean you're getting new entries from around the country you have some traction with that one, but not nearly enough to replace what you're losing. Nearly every DCA corps is now forced to travel over 4 - 5 hours for over half their shows. This in an environment where show day is 1/3 of the practice time, and that might be on the low end.

We're a year away from prelims being superfluous. You don't want the rules changes DCI has made - no problem - but don't kid yourself into thinking that DCI is on a decaying orbit while DCA is heading out and up. Especially in print.

I love DCA - I love what it stands for - I literally love the Hurcs and loved Sun and Archie - all a big part of my life - but DCA is going to have to make some major adaptations just to survive.

Let’s not confuse hum and hiss. Hum is what DCA fans do after a show. Hiss is what they do when someone proposes amplification.

Now that you cleared that up for me - can you explain the difference between "clap" and "applaud"???

:mat::blink::tongue:

Dude - you're kidding right? Please say you're kidding. DCA is growing? Explain that to Rochester Crusaders, Brigadiers, Sunrisers, and then to each corps with fewer than 30 brass.

If you mean you're getting new entries from around the country you have some traction with that one, but not nearly enough to replace what you're losing. Nearly every DCA corps is now forced to travel over 4 - 5 hours for over half their shows. This in an environment where show day is 1/3 of the practice time, and that might be on the low end.

We're a year away from prelims being superfluous. You don't want the rules changes DCI has made - no problem - but don't kid yourself into thinking that DCI is on a decaying orbit while DCA is heading out and up. Especially in print.

I love DCA - I love what it stands for - I literally love the Hurcs and loved Sun and Archie - all a big part of my life - but DCA is going to have to make some major adaptations just to survive.

I think you are right Ray. DCA WLLL have to make the changes to keep with with the newer member entering DCA. It has and will have no choice. Look at all the concessions made just in the past 3 or 4 years for members. Gezz even the name SR> had to change to all age to survive.With some corps it's like looking at a Jr. corps. The DCAers of the 60s 70s or 80s would never have thought DCA would get so "Young "

I think you are right Ray. DCA WLLL have to make the changes to keep with with the newer member entering DCA. It has and will have no choice. Look at all the concessions made just in the past 3 or 4 years for members. Gezz even the name SR> had to change to all age to survive.With some corps it's like looking at a Jr. corps. The DCAers of the 60s 70s or 80s would never have thought DCA would get so "Young "

Depended on the corps, 70s Westshoremen and Sunrisers were very young compared to the stereotype. Not to mention a lot of RCA corps I happened to see then. And IMO, getting rid of "Senior" was an overdue change as it hurt recruiting to say "Sr" corps and some people thought you had to be over 21 to be a member. Just like some parade corps dropped the "Alumni" tag as they allowed non-Alumni but the name hurt recruiting. Don't see it as a concession, just making things clearer to potential member who didn't know any better.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

You're right Ray, a bunch of teams went belly up after buying a roomful of Bb horns. Now we have the DCA G11.