Is Crown Peaking?

I personally thing if you are going to call a show Second Chance, wear gold uniforms, play gold horns, and generally encourage your fans to start talking about how you are going to win it this time around you should you probably just name the show "Jinx". Maybe they could have got their picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated while they were at it.
When did the Carolina Crown Organization ever say were going for gold this year. The gold is for the theme of the show, not make them appear like they are going to win the Title

In fact, you are correct, Oh Wise One. They've gone on record (listen to the DCI Field Pass entitled "Brass Roots" from 6/29) saying that they are going for the sepia look all around the corps this year. Silver does not fit sepia ... so that's one reason for the gold horns. Plus, the Crown organization has never encouraged fans to say that Crown is going to win ... that's how we feel. Heart, body and soul. We LOVE this corps and we feel that they are the best in the activity -- even if the placements don't reflect that. So, even if they don't win, or even if they don't medal again, they are still the best in the activity to us and we thank them for consistently giving us amazing shows.

Now, as for the peaking subject ... as I just stated in another thread ... from Eric Sabach at Crown:

ye of little faith... just wait until semis. :lookaround:

Don't count the Cream Team out of it yet. There are five contenders for the Gold this year.

She's a known Crown hater so that doesn't surprise me.

If she hates Crown, why did she have them in 3rd last year, with the exact same score as the other visual judge? Does the other judge hate Crown as well?

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/20090808wcfinals.htm

Man, if you think putting someone's score at 3rd in the world makes them a hater, what must Pioneer fans think about her? She must really be hating on them! :lookaround:

I personally thing if you are going to call a show Second Chance, wear gold uniforms, play gold horns, and generally encourage your fans to start talking about how you are going to win it this time around you should you probably just name the show "Jinx". Maybe they could have got their picture on the cover of Sports Illustrated while they were at it.

Yeah, I love Crown, but that was a bold move on their part. I mean I love the sepia theme, but the "2nd chance" to win mentality....it's kind of become a slap in the face. But, this week will still be very interesting. I think they'll wind up in second again...which would be kind of ironic, yet fitting haha. No lower than 3rd.

Starting in the 4th spot at Quarter Finals--I think they are in a good position to make a run at a medal.

But, no matter how it turns out on Saturday, I've loved watching Carolina Crown this season!!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE--members, staff, and volunteers!!!

I'm just hoping the new ending has a new TWIST added to it. I actually thought the slow movement at the end of 2009 cost them a shot at Gold.

This corps is soooooooooooo talented (and so is the staff .. heck I marched with 2 of them back in the day). There's no reason they can't clean up some intervals in the new ending or add a few sets to pack the GE punch they need to move up into medal contention.

Enjoy these last few days before you suit up Crown. These are the days you'll remember most for the rest of your lives!!

I'm just hoping the new ending has a new TWIST added to it. I actually thought the slow movement at the end of 2009 cost them a shot at Gold.

This corps is soooooooooooo talented (and so is the staff .. heck I marched with 2 of them back in the day). There's no reason they can't clean up some intervals in the new ending or add a few sets to pack the GE punch they need to move up into medal contention.

Enjoy these last few days before you suit up Crown. These are the days you'll remember most for the rest of your lives!!

Sabach says wait until semis...so anxious to see what's coming next.

I really hope they put in GOBS of new body movement!!!!! OMG FTW!!!!! :thumbup:

1. I know most of the design staff of Crown. Though the "second chance" might not be 100% about winning, it IS a very large part of it. Trust me. I know them.

2. Does anybody else think it's a little bit strange to have Eric Sabach posting on DCP about Crown's show? I feel like he's going completely against what Crown has always been about--staying quiet, and letting their actions on the field speak for themselves.

Just looked at the recap closely. GE VISUAL (what a joke).

Crown was punished a bit last night with Czapinski leading the charge.

Czapinski has been known to do that with a lot of corps over the years!...lol

Crown has a great hornline and guard, their drumline is solid, and they do alot of movement in their show. the only problem I had with their show is it seems to be all one note. There's no contrasting emotions, theirs no tension. The show doesn't seem to go anywhere, and i think this is what will hold them back. the other 4 corps in the top 5 all have various emotions throughout their shows, and the top three have a significant amount of tension that builds and releases throughout their shows. This is what I see as the difference and why I think when it's all said and done Crown will end up at the bottom of this 5 corps pack. but that doesn't mean they aren't performing the hell out of the show they have, and it is a good show, it's just missing something that all the other top corps have this year.