Finals Week - What Do Expect/Hope For

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do love the Cavaliers this year. I don't doubt that they might be able to match the execution and cleanliness of BD. However, I don't believe their show has the potential to overtake them.

I still support the idea that every corps begins with 100 points and then gets points off for mistakes (the old "tick" system). Radical? Not! It makes the judging more dependent on execution than on personal preference. And judging should be based on impartial observation, not on personal aesthetic opinions. IMHO.

Question: I believe the rules as currently written (modified as of 2002?) require the (GE only?) judges to consider a show's "entertainment" value. Would you prefer that not be the case?

Quarterfinals - Cavaliers overtake Bluecoats

Semifinals - Cavaliers take 2nd to Devils by less than a point

Finals - Cavaliers win by .55

Impossible? Think '08 Phantom Regiment.

Cavaliers have the show, all they have to do is NAIL it! :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen but it probably won't..... The judges have already made up their minds. Cavies will probably be 3rd. Cadets 4th, and Crown 5th.

BREAKING NEWS

Super Flash Causes Havoc in Indy

INDIANAPOLIS - During the Concord Blue Devils performance an unfortunate incident occurred when the crowd all took a photo with a flash at the same time and the on field mirror props being used by the band reflected the blinding flash back to the performmers and crowd causing a immediate temporary blindness....we had tubas marching into the pit, trumpets falling over themselves, baritones tripping over rifles, cymbals went flying, drum major toppled off the podium sabers, rifles and flags all were tossed and none were caught, stricken fans were rolling blindly down the aisles and stairs and beer was flowing everywhere....More tomorrow morning as we get more information.....

:tongue::mat:

Edited by blueorginal

No matter what happens, at least 33% of DCPers will have their panties in bunch and something strange in their cornflakes

In a surprise move the Blue Devils guard disappears behind the mirrors and re-appear in Alice in Wonderland Character Costumes as the corps transitions into the white rabbit and tosses mushrooms into the crowd.........