Where are you staying in Indy?

I'll be staying at the Ramada Conference Center South ... about 5 miles south of LOS. I'll be arriving early Thursday morning, taking the hotel shuttle (for $10) to the hotel, get settled in and leave to so I can be in the lot around 1:00 after eating at either Hard Rock Café or Champions. I'm spending Quarters in the lot and I have tickets for Semifinals (437) and Finals (141). I'm also going to try to soak up as much of the OTHER stuff as possible ... the "Backstage" experience (even though I've experienced that a couple of times already ... just never as a marching member), the DCI Open House, the Big, Loud and Live 7 After Party at Hard Rock Café and the Historical Exhibit at least. I'm going to have so many pictures that I bought an extra 8GB card for my camera (making 16 GB total)just to make sure I'd have enough storage space since I'm not taking a computer (can't fly with my iMac without checking it and I refuse to check my iMac). I know in 2008 I took about 1500 pictures total that week, and this time I won't be working so I will most likely take at least double that since I'm spending so much time in the lot and at all these other events.

This will be my first Finals as a fan (I worked the last two) and I couldn't be more excited! I just wish I had been able to get my tickets sooner, rather than back in March, so I could've gotten a better seating option for Quarters. I'd love to be able to see Teal Sound live this year, but I didn't want to sit in the 600's. That's why I'm going to the lot on Quarters instead.

I'm also very excited to see the Star Alumni Corps and see legends (and some of my friends performing with them) live! Star '93 is in my top 7 shows of all time and I can't wait to get to hear that live for the first time. I had no idea what Drum Corps was in '93 ... nor would I have even understood what Star was doing (I was only 9 at the time). I just can't wait for tomorrow night at 6:30 Eastern because that's when I get off work for the week and it's all about Finals week from there on out!

See you all in Indy!

GO CROWNMMX!!!! (And Bloo/BAC/BK/SCV/Phantom/Madison/Teal/Troop/Xmen)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying at my country house in Zionsville. Okay, so it's my only house. :tongue:

Going to semis to see my kid perform with Star Alumni and to cheer on Crown and Madison! Can't wait to see Blue Devils, Cavaliers and Cadets live for the first time this year. GOOOO DCI!!!!

Wingate by the airport.

Driving out early tomorrow and meeting a friend who's flying in from NC. Have tickets for semis and finals. Most likely going to wear my Cadets mesh shorts to bed. Comfy stuff.

If anybody has room for 2 college freshman that would be sweet. our other 4 friends backed out and so we cant afford to pay for an hotel for 3 nights on our own. we really want to go to DCI finals. we can split the cost as long as it is reasonable.

Probably a dumb question but where and when is the Star alumni corps playing? I have heard a lot about this happening but never when and where (quarters? Finals?)

thanks

Probably a dumb question but where and when is the Star alumni corps playing? I have heard a lot about this happening but never when and where (quarters? Finals?)

thanks

I believe Star Alumni Corps will be performing on Friday at SemiFinals. I wish i could have gone..as that would have been one Major highlight of attending Finals week this year.