Quarterfinals Open Thread

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's kinda bored by PR this year...

Really? Love their show! Just beautiful!!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah .... one of the reasons I decided to stay at home instead of making the trek to Indy, was because I couldn't find a good seat from Ticketmaster. It looks like there are PLENTY of good seats!! Kinda bummed ..... Oh well .... live and learn.

There are definitely less seats available for Finals, if that's what you're talking about. Whatever you do, do NOT let the Ticketmaster computer automatically pick a seat for you--it doesn't understand that for us, close to the 50=good. I don't even know how it works, to be honest. Make sure to talk to a real person, either via phone or at a Ticketmaster outlet. They can get you seats wherever you want.

Ticketmaster (or should I quote a friend and say Ticketmonster) is often NOT the best way to purchase seats. They typically are given a few section blocks to sell even if those sections are outside what's really available. They fill-in those same sections WITHOUT regard to what might be available elsewhere. The photo provided demonstrates this clearly.

Here's the deal . . . it's NOT DCI's fault. Ticketmaster paid for exclusive rights to market "general sales" tickets at this venue. They have a contract. For Ticketmaster, it's not so much about you, it's about Ticketmaster filling seats anonymously and efficiently. NOT personally. They do the same for all of the events they have a hand in. Kinda sad.

Just talked to my kid. BAC had a two point timing penalty. Scouts are not as close as they appear. But Boston is very close to Vanguard.

I figured I had waited a little too late for good seats at Finals. Last year, I got 4 tix up CLOSE and loved it. Tried to do the same this year (through Ticketmaster) but couldn't find ANYTHING in the $125 seats. Definitely learned my lesson ...... Thanks for the advice.....I will talk to a person next time!!

Just talked to my kid. BAC had a two point timing penalty. Scouts are not as close as they appear. But Boston is very close to Vanguard.

2 points will put them at a dead tie with Blue Stars.