2010 Finals Booing?

Because I'M PO'd at the fans. I'm well aware that the Blue Devils are not PO'd at the fans, except when they're degraded and mocked while waiting at the airport to go home after finals (which happened to one of my friends)

But like I said, NO corps should be booed. I didn't like when Cadets got booed in 2007. I wasn't talking specifically about the Blue Devils. Just because I'm a Blue Devils fan doesn't mean I don't think about other corps

OK.... you're angry and po'd and are essentially " booing " your fellow fans over BD being booed. I get it.

Here's the thing: BD comes out with a show next year like this one.... you're gonna hate your fellow fans again. BD comes out with a show the fans love, the boos will disappear.

As Frank Sinatra said.... " That's Life ".

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.... you're angry and po'd and are essentially " booing " your fellow fans over BD being booed. I get it.

Here's the thing: BD comes out with a show next year like this one.... you're gonna hate your fellow fans again. BD comes out with a show the fans love, the boos will disappear.

As Frank Sinatra said.... " That's Life ".

I'm pretty sure Sinatra was singing about something other than marching musical activities. I just think people should be more considerate to the hard work all the kids do. I thought drum corps fans were better than that.

I'm pretty sure Sinatra was singing about something other than marching musical activities. I just think people should be more considerate to the hard work all the kids do. I thought drum corps fans were better than that.

Guess you were wrong. We learn something new every day. DCI fans apparently arn't " better than that ".

DCI may have a new fan base. We are learning there are some nasty, ill bred, people in it.

OK.... things change. But Corps shows do too.

Edited by BRASSO

Because I'M PO'd at the fans. I'm well aware that the Blue Devils are not PO'd at the fans, except when they're degraded and mocked while waiting at the airport to go home after finals (which happened to one of my friends)

But like I said, NO corps should be booed. I didn't like when Cadets got booed in 2007. I wasn't talking specifically about the Blue Devils. Just because I'm a Blue Devils fan doesn't mean I don't think about other corps

While I would have been more classy myself personally...I just don't understand why people have to get their underwear in a bunch when they see or hear something like "booing". It's almost a laughable issue in the sense of being just dissatisfied versus and any real violent behavior. It's not like fists were swinging and violence ensued which HAS HAPPENED before at various major sporting events. I guess it's your right to be upset, but do you honestly think that the drum corps world is any "different" than the rest? We are in different times IMO and the act of "booing" is just a reflection of that. Relax!

Guess you were wrong. We learn something new every day. DCI fans apparently arn't " better than that ".

DCI may have a new fan base. We are learning there are some nasty, ill bred, people in it.

OK.... things change. But Corps shows do too.

Ok, I guess I'll just sit here and accept it? :sad:

While I would have been more classy myself personally...I just don't understand why people have to get their underwear in a bunch when they see or hear something like "booing". It's almost a laughable issue in the sense of being just dissatisfied versus and any real violent behavior. It's not like fists were swinging and violence ensued which HAS HAPPENED before at various major sporting events. I guess it's your right to be upset, but do you honestly think that the drum corps world is any "different" than the rest? We are in different times IMO and the act of "booing" is just a reflection of that. Relax!

I agree. The .05% of people who do it are socially ostracized with looks of idiocy anyways, so it works out in the end

As much as I don't like the fact that some people boo at a contest ( for whatever reason), as more and more people try to inflict their idea of good manners onto me, I find myself thinking of reasons I might WANT to boo.

I'd never boo a corps but if booing irked the people with the high morals, I just might do it and laugh while you blow a blood vessle.

Now, who's to tell the difference as to why I would be booing ?

I think some of you like the fact that people boo so you can throw gas on the fire. and make things even worse.

Whats worse ? Having to sit through a show where someone talks through the whole show or one where 30 people keep yelling at the guy to shut up ?

I dont think the times have anything to do with it. IT WAS worse years ago.........another poster mentioned the DREAM contest..WOW..huge ovations But also HUGE booing and hot dog thowing in the stands..lol...........Trust me on this PEOPLE dont change,...situations do. :sad:

Whats worse ? Having to sit through a show where someone talks through the whole show or one where 30 people keep yelling at the guy to shut up ?

I would hope one of those 30 people would ask stadium personnel to talk to the one person

Ok, I guess I'll just sit here and accept it? :sad:

No.... call out the booing fans all you want. It doesn't bother BD. I don't think they'll change a thing for next season. So you should have ample opportunities to get PO'd and angry with your fellow fans once again, BCC99Man.