2010 Finals Booing?

Whats worse ? Having to sit through a show where someone talks through the whole show or one where 30 people keep yelling at the guy to shut up ?

This got me thinking....The chatty "teens" were in force at the quarter finals theater in White Plains NY...Along with the infamous late arrivals...lol...Did I say anything? No...I was actually finding it a little annoying myself, but then thought to myself "<G>This is not the Opera after all"...lol

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This got me thinking....The chatty "teens" were in force at the quarter finals theater in White Plains NY...Along with the infamous late arrivals...lol...Did I say anything? No...I was actually finding it a little annoying myself, but then thought to myself "<G>This is not the Opera after all"...lol

And it is a movie theater :sad:

.another poster mentioned the DREAM contest..WOW..huge ovations But hot dog thowing in the stands.

John " Bluto" Blutarsky's started it. It was all his fault.

The crowd began yelling " BLU, BLU, BLU, " at him, and he wanted to be referred to only as " Bluto ".

Edited by BRASSO

Instead of addressing the cause, once again, you defer and try to flip my statement back onto me. Its a tactic thats used alot when people dont understand a situation completely.

Ironically enough, you didn't address my point. Do you not see how sensitive some of the pro-boo camp are to criticism? Regardless of the reasons people feel compelled to do so, I think it's a completely chicken #### thing to do. (Sure, they have a right to, but I have a right to voice an opinion about it as well.) Like I said before, if someone is big enough to dish it out, then they should be big enough to take a little heat in return.

I wonder how many boo birds would have the stones to do it right in front of a corps, as they march in two x two, from just a few feet away? Very few, I'd imagine.

The reason people are booing is because they are upset with an outcome. They really dont care what you think. The reason you are upset with them is because they booed. Instead of addressing the issue of why they did what they did, you attack them personally, and alas, nothing get solved, because you feel morally obligated to stick up for feelings, instead of fixing a problem because you dont want to offend anyone.

If I came across as upset, it sure was unintentional. I'm not at all. (And, for what it's worth, I imagine that most of the kids on the field don't really give a #### what a bunch of fools booing at them think anyway. Still doesn't change my opinion of it though.) I certainly don't feel "morally obligated" --just giving my opinion and making an observation.

It's silly, IMO, think that booing from the stands is going to fix anything. Seriously. It's like thinking that flipping the guy off that cut you off on the freeway is somehow going to change his driving habits. No--it's strictly for the person making the gesture; an attempt to blow off some steam and maybe make themselves feel a little bigger or more important. But, as I've said more than once, if it makes people feel better, then they can knock themselves out. They just need to understand that some people may think they're being an ### in the process.

Did you address the fact that this happens all summer long, in many different venues? No.

Did you address the fact that people pay money, hoping not to be completely disappointed? No.

Did you address the fact that the judging system may be a tad bit off with regards to the fan? No.

Did you beat around the bush and try to backdoor my post? Yeah.

Regardless of what you think about booing, or what I think about it, I hope the point has reached who it needs to reach.

LMAO, I quoted your post in my response--how was that backdooring it? Was I not obvious enough? (Maybe I'm misunderstanding your meaning here...)

I didn't address these "facts" because they have exactly jack #### to do with whether or not I think booing is tactless. (Regardless of whether or not I think any of them may have merit.)

Ironically enough, you didn't address my point. Do you not see how sensitive some of the pro-boo camp are to criticism? Regardless of the reasons people feel compelled to do so, I think it's a completely chicken #### thing to do. (Sure, they have a right to, but I have a right to voice an opinion about it as well.) Like I said before, if someone is big enough to dish it out, then they should be big enough to take a little heat in return.

I wonder how many boo birds would have the stones to do it right in front of a corps, as they march in two x two, from just a few feet away? Very few, I'd imagine.

If I came across as upset, it sure was unintentional. I'm not at all. (And, for what it's worth, I imagine that most of the kids on the field don't really give a #### what a bunch of fools booing at them think anyway. Still doesn't change my opinion of it though.) I certainly don't feel "morally obligated" --just giving my opinion and making an observation.

It's silly, IMO, think that booing from the stands is going to fix anything. Seriously. It's like thinking that flipping the guy off that cut you off on the freeway is somehow going to change his driving habits. No--it's strictly for the person making the gesture; an attempt to blow off some steam and maybe make themselves feel a little bigger or more important. But, as I've said more than once, if it makes people feel better, then they can knock themselves out. They just need to understand that some people may think they're being an ### in the process.

LMAO, I quoted your post in my response--how was that backdooring it? Was I not obvious enough? (Maybe I'm misunderstanding your meaning here...)

I didn't address these "facts" because they have exactly jack #### to do with whether or not I think booing is tactless. (Regardless of whether or not I think any of them may have merit.)

I havn' t read any DCP posters on this thread that are in a " pro -boo camp ". Nobody on this thread encourages booing. So we need to clarify that inaccuracy. Also, I'm not sure which is worse, a momentary impulsive boo by a rude fan, or the overreaction to it that causes another rude fan to use mutiple obscene and profanity laced comments regarding the booer as we have here. Booing is inappropriate. The booer is not going to care what another fan who is profane thinks of their booing either....... again, this is mostly DCI fan hate on DCI fan hate here. BD isn't wasting their enegy and time on " booers ". I wouldn't either.

i hated the show and congratulated a Blue Devil when we were getting on the same plane.

and a Crossmen and a Boston Crusader too

Because I'M PO'd at the fans. I'm well aware that the Blue Devils are not PO'd at the fans, except when they're degraded and mocked while waiting at the airport to go home after finals (which happened to one of my friends)

But like I said, NO corps should be booed. I didn't like when Cadets got booed in 2007. I wasn't talking specifically about the Blue Devils. Just because I'm a Blue Devils fan doesn't mean I don't think about other corps

While I would have been more classy myself personally...I just don't understand why people have to get their underwear in a bunch when they see or hear something like "booing". It's almost a laughable issue in the sense of being just dissatisfied versus and any real violent behavior. It's not like fists were swinging and violence ensued which HAS HAPPENED before at various major sporting events. I guess it's your right to be upset, but do you honestly think that the drum corps world is any "different" than the rest? We are in different times IMO and the act of "booing" is just a reflection of that. Relax!

illegal use of logic.

Ok, I guess I'll just sit here and accept it? :sad:

well your other option is to create a scene at shows where people boo and get into loud arguments, or worse fights.

which is better?

Ok, I guess I'll just sit here and accept it? :sad:

Haha give it up, Den. You know the BD members eat up those boos like candy. Makes winning all the better.

What about booing judges? They're the ones I think everybody is really mad at.