2010 Finals Booing?

I don't appreciate people trying to tell me what to do. I booed for a reason which was deleted by mods so get over it.

However, I did not participate in the "blue devils suck" chant outside the stadium.

Wow.... You certainly showed an amazing amount of restraint and class. :thumbup: But, there is nothing to get over. BD will do just fine without your cheering. They do have a home crowd a few thousand miles away in Ca. And a ton of well meaning fans, that even if they did not like the 2010 show, they still wish the corp well.

Do what you want, but be ready to experience the consequences... Such as having a lot of people consider you a boorish oaf.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.... You certainly showed an amazing amount of restraint and class. :thumbup: But, there is nothing to get over. BD will do just fine without your cheering. They do have a home crowd a few thousand miles away in Ca. And a ton of well meaning fans, that even if they did not like the 2010 show, they still wish the corp well.

Do what you want, but be ready to experience the consequences... Such as having a lot of people consider you a boorish oaf.

This is exactly what I thought would happen if a booee came here and admit that they booed. Just like the BD members and staff will ignore those who booed and move on, the booees will do the same to anyone who opposes them. You can look down on those who booed and call them disrespectful or an 'oaf' or what have you, but it won't change their views on the outcome. The same way their booing won't make the BD members feel they weren't any good or whatever message the booers are trying to get across. Nobody wins! And that's the problem here. This discussion will die eventually, but it will never peacefully resolve with everyone agreeing to disagree.

I do believe that booing shouldn't happen in drum corps or marching band/indoor wgi... but if I go to another dci finals and hear one more person squeal/hang over/hack their way through "battle hymn/america/whatever" tune at the end, I WILL boo, and I do believe it deserves a strong BOO if that happens. If they want OUR respect, please have a little more respect in what you are playing. I know it's about the shows we're discussing, but corps members that do that have NO respect, in my opinion, for what they are playing and what they are representing. I do not believe DCI regulates the quality of the full encore performances and there should be consequences for all of the childish behavior that goes on with those individuals who think it's "ok" to do those things. But that's just me.

I know many fans love it... but when I was in Bloomington in 2008 - there were definitely some *questionable sounds that were displayed in that encore. * I know that was already discussed and I don't mean to bring back old topics - but if we're talking about giving the corps respect they deserve, where do we draw the line?

I'd say the tepid response at the end of BD's show spoke louder than any boo.

I'd say the multiple standing Os for Cavies versus people mostly sitting on their hands during BD's performance spoke volumes.

Along with, during the last 1.5 minutes of the show, one lady in front of me shrugging like "what's going on with this show?" and another lady saying "FINALLY!" when the show was over. I'm guessing that's a microcosm of the stadium.

I'd imagine the BD design staff got the message loud and clear - many folks didn't care much for the design. And here's guessing the design staff won't care a great deal as they're shining their 14th medal...

I'd imagine the BD design staff got the message loud and clear - many folks didn't care much for the design. And here's guessing the design staff won't care a great deal as they're shining their 14th medal...

Oh, I believe the BD staff knew right from the begnning what they were doing with the designof this show. This show was not designed for the fans at all. It was designed for the BD members 1st and foremost, and that it could win.... Mission Accomplished.

If they didn't care what the fans would think of this show in the off season, what makes you think BD cares now ?

Oh, I believe the BD staff knew right from the begnning what they were doing with the designof this show. This show was not designed for the fans at all. It was designed for the BD members 1st and foremost, and that it could win.... Mission Accomplished.

If they didn't care what the fans would think of this show in the off season, what makes you think BD cares now ?

Many fans didnt like it BUT many did......I NEVER........NEVER....like BD and liked them ALOT this YEAR. JMO dont kill me..lol

As far as booing goes, all dominant winners are generally hated (Lakers, Yankees). I would take it as the ultimate compliment to be booed for winning. As my father always told me, "If you aren't hated at all, you aren't trying hard enough".

I didn't hear much booing, but when 95% of the crowd leaves after the announcement that screamed volumes.

Also, to go with the pot/kettle/black argument, I was shocked at some of the comments I heard screamed at the field when Phantom came out for their encore.

My question is this: If you totally hate what you're seeing on the field is there an accepted way to express this?

I didn't hear much booing, but when 95% of the crowd leaves after the announcement that screamed volumes.

Also, to go with the pot/kettle/black argument, I was shocked at some of the comments I heard screamed at the field when Phantom came out for their encore.

My question is this: If you totally hate what you're seeing on the field is there an accepted way to express this?

Silence. Nothing shows displeasure more than utter silence. It's like the disappointed mom, just staring at you.

The Golden Rule works well too.

As far as booing goes, all dominant winners are generally hated (Lakers, Yankees). I would take it as the ultimate compliment to be booed for winning. As my father always told me, "If you aren't hated at all, you aren't trying hard enough".

The suggestion that drum corps fans booed BD because BD keeps winning is misguided, methinks.

I'm sure that is true for a minority, but I'm guessing nary a boo would have been heard had BD played, say, Madison's repertoire (and arrangements).