Crossmen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say the last corps to clean house was from a little city called Fort Mills, SC. They've had some success after that ugly event...

Yes, they did. The key for Crown now is to see if they can get back into the Top 3 once again. History however is not on their side in these endeavors, so they'll have to try and overcome what we usually see happens and see if they can return to the top 3 once again in the future,and not demonstrate that it was just a flash in the pan for them.

Edited by BRASSO

The need to bring in a director who knows how to pull a staff together. The Crossmen did this at the ned of 89, brought in Carl Rocco who put a staff together that helped make the corps become very successful in the early 90's. We all remember the 92 Songs for the Planet Earth show which was one of the best shows the corps ever did. So it is possible to quickly turn this around with the right people.

Maybe Aaron Guidry resigned. .

Mark Chambers resigned.

Chambers was recently appointed as the Music Program Director for the North East Independent School District in San Antonio Texas . great for recruiting.:sad:

still on board of directors. :thumbup:

Fred Morrison " The corps WILL be successful in TEXAS" :thumbup:

Look for major announcements. :thumbup:

Edited by FanofNight

hmmmmmm. I think you're not quite 100% right about the alumni up here. I know many that want nothing to do with the corps.

and yet they slip a little further every year....and the overhype has hurt the corps image and reputation.

But lots of Alumni DID show check out the pictures o the CAA facebook page....Lots of BONES alumni are behind the corps as more coming back every day. check out the CAA web site.

just stating the alumni has not been this strong since joining YEA.

as for the over hype that is YOUR position which many choose to ignore. The corps image and reputation is well respected throughout the drum corps world as a class organization.

The Crossmen travel as well as any DCI corps on the road. I Watched them pull into the lot in INDY and was amazed. New buses , New trucks , new vans , flags waving . very impressive. very spirited. I was told they carry a 1978 brass flag to all rehearsals and warm ups. is this true ? . lots of history being passed down.