Madison Scouts 2011

I got my tix to my usual shows this year and I was disappointed that Madison wasn't on the bill anywhere, so I anted up and I'll be at the July 9 show in Madison. No good seats were left where I like to sit, the closest was a near-center seat in the sixth row. I haven't sat that low in a long time. :shutup:

There isn't much movement at all the last couple of minutes and it seems like a bit clunky (musically) at the very end. I know they are going to rework the ending between now and Atlanta, so it seems that they have something there just to end the show for now. Not unusual to get the bulk of the hard stuff on the field and make changes later that will add effect. Right now it just seems that the show "slows down" significantly toward the end.

Good. Im glad to hear my original thought confirmed. The closer is clearly the weakest part of the Scouts show.

Good. Im glad to hear my original thought confirmed. The closer is clearly the weakest part of the Scouts show.

I think they're letting their endurance catch up to them for awhile, yet still allow them to blow the house down with their closer. They are doing a LOT up to that point, so once their endurance builds, they can make changes to the closer. They obviously didn't want the biggest impact point of the show to suffer because they were worn out. If that's the case, smart move on their part that could pay off huge.

I think they're letting their endurance catch up to them for awhile, yet still allow them to blow the house down with their closer. They are doing a LOT up to that point, so once their endurance builds, they can make changes to the closer. They obviously didn't want the biggest impact point of the show to suffer because they were worn out. If that's the case, smart move on their part that could pay off huge.

HUGE!

If that's so, "the weakest part of the Scouts show" is setting the crowds into pandamonium on a nightly basis - from what I see on the fan network. When I saw them live in Muncie, they had the single biggest crowd reaction of the night at the end of the closer. Remember, not every show ending has to be "super artistic". Especially when their 2nd movement is one of the most "artsy" pieces on the field this year. If they've already flexed that muscle for 2-3 minutes of their show already, why not blow the walls down with their current entertainment based ending? After all, they ARE "Madison". :wink:

Edited by stevedb1975

If that's so, "the weakest part of the Scouts show" is setting the crowds into pandamonium on a nightly basis - from what I see on the fan network. When I saw them live in Muncie, they had the single biggest crowd reaction of the night at the end of the closer. Remember, not every show ending has to be "super artistic". Especially when their 2nd movement is one of the most "artsy" pieces on the field this year. If they've already flexed that muscle for 2-3 minutes of their show already, why not blow the walls down with their current entertainment based ending? After all, they ARE "Madison". :wink:

Nobody is saying that it has to be "artsy" or that it isn't good...just that it's obviously the weakest link visually. And as I stated above, it may very well be intentional. Like I said, they didn't want the musical impact of the closer to suffer because of a lack of endurance (and it definitely does not). Most of us just feel that there is more to come. I am almost 100% sure of it.

Trust me, with this design team, nothing happens by "chance".

Edited by BigBadMadMan