Madison Scouts 2011

I know the Scouts did the knockout challenge last year or the year before against Boston, which Boston won. So there's already some camaraderie there. :thumbup:

Yeah, I was still teaching the corps in 89 and we shared a housing facility with Madison (in Ohio, maybe??). Anyway, in those days Boston had only 40 horns, but we did a combined standstill with Madison (every other kid in a huge 100 horn arc), and it was noteworthy because that wasn't generally the norm in those days. There is a history here.

• Like 1

NYPD/FD hats

This!

For me, that would be a little too obvious. But I guess that's just me. I like to leave things open to interpretation, rather than being told what they are. The show could be a 9-11 tribute to one person, but mean something else altogether to someone else, or mingle different meanings. Props that skew it a particular way tend to limit the audience's imagination somewhat. But that's just my feeling about it.

I would love to see a full-corps hat bow in the closer. For me, that's an homage to the Scouts' past while paying tribute to 9-11, and it doesn't hit me over the head doing so (but will bring a tear to my eye).

Edited by byline
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was still teaching the corps in 89 and we shared a housing facility with Madison (in Ohio, maybe??). Anyway, in those days Boston had only 40 horns, but we did a combined standstill with Madison (every other kid in a huge 100 horn arc), and it was noteworthy because that wasn't generally the norm in those days. There is a history here.

There is a detailed account of this in the Historical Forum somewhere. Proud to say I was a part of it ...... such a blast and the crowd ate it up. I always wanted to play Conquest ... so I got to scratch that off my bucket list that summer.

There is a detailed account of this in the Historical Forum somewhere. Proud to say I was a part of it ...... such a blast and the crowd ate it up. I always wanted to play Conquest ... so I got to scratch that off my bucket list that summer.

I remember that Dan. We arced up with them, played "Never Walk", "Conquest", and "Giant".

It was a great moment...except for me - I missed a horn up command and fracked a

couple notes in "Conquest". The Boston Baritone next to me snickered. I was a little

embarassed to say the least. But overall a great night between two legendary Corps!

• Like 1

At least they are thinking about it.

I'm not sure what there is to think about. It seems like a no brainer. I love the new Scouts Uni, but it still looks odd to me without spats.

For me, that would be a little too obvious. But I guess that's just me. I like to leave things open to interpretation, rather than being told what they are. The show could be a 9-11 tribute to one person, but mean something else altogether to someone else, or mingle different meanings. Props that skew it a particular way tend to limit the audience's imagination somewhat. But that's just my feeling about it.

It's a 9/11 tribute. While much of the show may be "open to interpretation" that is a pretty concrete concept. Some things are definite, otherwise we could all turn a monster truck extravaganza into Alice in Wonderland.

We'll know tomorrow night when Madison finally has a show where they aren't the biggest fish in the pond. How they match up to Crown will tell us where they fall in the rankings. You can't just rank latest score because some corps haven't competed in a few days.

Uhhh, I think they already did that Friday night in Muncie - Cavvies, Crown Scouts etc.....

There are some really great videos on TSTSNBN, in case anyone isn't catching up with it -- battery, horns, even pit!

I definitely prefer a lax attitude toward the existence of these videos than some other corps, who apparently file DMCA notifications all day. :rolleyes:

There are some really great videos on TSTSNBN, in case anyone isn't catching up with it -- battery, horns, even pit!

I definitely prefer a lax attitude toward the existence of these videos than some other corps, who apparently file DMCA notifications all day. :rolleyes:

Call me dumb, but what does TSTSNBN stand for?...A little more information please.