Madison Scouts 2011

I think Top 4 is wishful thinking, but I could see 5-6 for sure, and that would be quite a feat!

Not at all. Right now these men are capable of anything. They realize the show is MUCH greater than they are...they're indebted to communicating this show at it's full capacity every single time. Their heart and soul are 100% in it, and it happened right out of the gate. I don't think this can really be said of any other corps out there this year. This show is only going to gain momentum and power. I can't wait until the Atlanta show after changes come...the DCI community won't know what to do with themselves!!

I think Top 4 is wishful thinking, but I could see 5-6 for sure, and that would be quite a feat!

Probably so. But they're making quite a push, no doubt. They just need the extra talent the next couple of years to make a push at the title. They have the design staff in place to make it happen.

• Like 1

It would be very interesting indeed if Madison, and perhaps Boston, broke into the "top 8" this year, and pushed two of them into 9th & 10th.

That would severely complicate the efforts of the "TOC" crew to divide the activity artificially for their own benefit.

AJMHO

:-)

• Like 3

I have no doubt that the changes they WILL make to the closer will lose none of the effect. Personally, I love that "peeling off" move they do out of the company front at the end.

BUT, to say that the ending is seemingly disconnected part of the show is not an inaccurate statement. It's not a bad thing, but it does need some polishing. And I have all the faith in the world that Jim Mason and staff know exactly what they are doing.

I haven't been in this thread all year so I went to the show last night knowing nothing about Madison's show. I thought it was great!! Until they got to the closer.

I expected this huge ending that was both musically and visually spectacular- like the rest of the show was, and it just didn't happen.

It doesn't seem like they are capitalizing on the strength of the guard by putting them all on percussion and having no one on the field doing equipment or movement for such a long time at the end of the show. It felt very disjointed, so I do hope that they find a way to integrate it better with the earlier parts of the show.

It would be very interesting indeed if Madison, and perhaps Boston, broke into the "top 8" this year, and pushed two of them into 9th & 10th.

That would severely complicate the efforts of the "TOC" crew to divide the activity artificially for their own benefit.

AJMHO

:-)

it wouldn't change anything, if the TOC shows happened again then Madison & Boston would be two of the 8 corps performing in those shows and the two corps that finished 9th & 10th would not be performing in the TOC shows.

It doesn't seem like they are capitalizing on the strength of the guard by putting them all on percussion and having no one on the field doing equipment or movement for such a long time at the end of the show. It felt very disjointed, so I do hope that they find a way to integrate it better with the earlier parts of the show.

It's early in the season. I have no inside knowledge, but I suspect that the closer is not completed yet (whose is?), and we will be seeing it later on in its more fully finished form.

• Like 1

Okay, guys, I finally got around to subscribing to Fan Network this season and first thing I watched was this show. HOLY COW this is a beast. Even pixellated and streamed, I was completely overwhelmed by the incredible visual design and fantastic arrangements. I can't remember ever being that affected by a show I first saw on my computer screen. This feels like the kind of show that can rocket a 10th-place corps right back into contention, which it seems well on its way to doing. I love the visuals throughout and huge props for featuring all the soloists--a fabulous way to give the brass a break without resorting to iffy samples from the synth.

Yes, I'll agree the closer is tame compared to the rest of the show, but I have confidence this is a top five offering from the Scouts. Wowee. :worthy:

2011 is shaping up to be the best year in a looong time. :thumbup:

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

I've heard rumblings of a trip to ground zero and a standstill. Any truth to that?

G0 is basically a huge construction site with a 10 ft fence around it. You can't go inside and there is always a huge mob outside leaving little room to maneuver.

I could see them doing a performance in Battery Park. Plenty of room and lots of people around. Nice view of the SoL, too.

I really like this show based on the clip I saw. I'm glad they went with ESOM rather than something old and hackneyed.

I'd like to see them add more NYC flavor to the visuals. The newspapers are a good visual, but so 20th century. If they had one guy with an iPad, it would make a nice visual "joke."

I should send them a recording of a subway announcement so they could play it just before the first music hit: "The next uptown A train is now arriving on the express track..."