Madison Scouts 2011

I know it's only a rumor that the Scouts are doing a ground zero standstill, but if they actually ended up doing it... that would probably be one of the biggest publicity stunts in DCI history.

POW!!!!!

:lol:

from facebook:

"Any chance for a standstill in NYC on free day? That would be very cool. :-)

Yesterday at 4:11pm · Like

James Mason: Naw, its a mess down there at ground 0 - I was there today scouting things out. Should be a great experience regardless for the Scouts!!!"

from facebook:

"Any chance for a standstill in NYC on free day? That would be very cool. :-)

Yesterday at 4:11pm · Like

James Mason: Naw, its a mess down there at ground 0 - I was there today scouting things out. Should be a great experience regardless for the Scouts!!!"

Yep. That was me. :cool:

I think you just proved BigBadMadMan's point - in spades.. Peace :shutup:

And you just mis-read the point of an entire post. Congrats.

• Like 2

And you just mis-read the point of an entire post. Congrats.

Nope. I think she got it exactly right. Congrats. Peace!

• Like 2

Nope. I think she got it exactly right. Congrats. Peace!

Which part -- the part about the Scouts exciting a crowd (which I agreed with heartily), or the part that insulted anyone who bothers to use their head a little (which was plain freaking stupid, ignorant, unnecessary, and hurtful)?

• Like 1

Which part -- the part about the Scouts exciting a crowd (which I agreed with heartily), or the part that insulted anyone who bothers to use their head a little (which was plain freaking stupid, ignorant, unnecessary, and hurtful)?

Point proven again. Peace

• Like 1

Haters gonna hate. But what always cracks me up is they almost always include "I'm actually a Scout fan from way back" or "I've always loved the Scouts, BUT (insert random slam here)." lol It's a common disarming statement to try to lend credence to their point. You hear it a LOT on talk radio.

But the point is, there are things about the Scouts that we like. They don't have to be the same things for everybody. Doesn't make the differences wrong, just different. To borrow from the "Traditions" thread, the Scouts reestablished their brand in 2010. That brand is entertaining, engaging shows with music that is accessible and exciting without necessarily having to be cerebral...and executed at a high level. Look at 2003 as am example. Benoit Jutras who?? There wasn't a shred of "recognizable" music in that show, save one phrase of "The Way We Were". But that show knocked it out of the park and really got the crowd involved.

There are always gonna be haters. And right here on DCP, you'll find plenty. Not so many in the crowds at shows, however. :cool:

• Like 1