Madison Scouts 2011

Thank you all for the GREAT show in Whitewater! Nothing like being on sacred grounds, it was like my wife and I were 20 agian. So many memories in that stadium...what a great night... thank you.

See ya soon!.......... Can't wait!

Edited by thirdcoast

How about a little humility and greatfullness for the corps success after some not so awe inspiring years gezzzzzzzzz..thank heavens most here know you DONT speak for the Scouts :blink:

Good Luck Scouts 2011

Wait...what?! :huh: Oh, so we can't have opinions because we should be grateful?? Got it.

Please. I was one of seven leads to march '96 Scouts. What do I know of this thing called "humility"? :tongue:

• Like 2

Haters gonna hate. But what always cracks me up is they almost always include "I'm actually a Scout fan from way back" or "I've always loved the Scouts, BUT (insert random slam here)." lol It's a common disarming statement to try to lend credence to their point. You hear it a LOT on talk radio.

But the point is, there are things about the Scouts that we like. They don't have to be the same things for everybody. Doesn't make the differences wrong, just different. To borrow from the "Traditions" thread, the Scouts reestablished their brand in 2010. That brand is entertaining, engaging shows with music that is accessible and exciting without necessarily having to be cerebral...and executed at a high level. Look at 2003 as am example. Benoit Jutras who?? There wasn't a shred of "recognizable" music in that show, save one phrase of "The Way We Were". But that show knocked it out of the park and really got the crowd involved.

There are always gonna be haters. And right here on DCP, you'll find plenty. Not so many in the crowds at shows, however. :cool:

Interesting. Another common practice is for people to label others as haters in an effort to discredit their argument. Funny how the word hater seems to be emanating from a lot of Scout honks these days...

• Like 2

Interesting. Another common practice is for people to label others as haters in an effort to discredit their argument. Funny how the word hater seems to be emanating from a lot of Scout honks these days...

Hater! :tongue:

• Like 2

These days? These days?? lol We all know you're a hater, Boz...but we still like you anyway. :tongue:

Edited by BigBadMadMan
  • Like 2

If you don't like the Scouts show then you don't like America! :D

lol You're either with us or you're against us. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I'm down here in the south, so in my best backwoods Alabammer voice........ "If you don't like tha Scouts, than yowr a communist"

• Like 1

I'm down here in the south, so in my best backwoods Alabammer voice........ "If you don't like tha Scouts, than yowr a communist"

I'll jump on this trend. lol

"If you don't like the Scouts this year ... then the terrorists win."

LOL! Sorry ... just had to make that joke. :tongue:

• Like 3