• 2005 - The Carmen Project
    • 2006 - Primal Forces
    • 2007 - Unbound
    • 2008 - La Noche De La Iguana
    • 2009 - Ralampego
    • 2010 - Slaughter on 10th Ave. Rhapsody in Blue

So adding to the polls on best show of the decade. Here's one dedicated to the

Madison Scouts. I would put Slaughter/Rhapsody as my number one with Carmen

in second and Gold, Green and Red in third.

Edited by madalumni

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking 2005 (Carmen), but I haven't paid too much attention to Madison this decade.

I fixed the poll for you. :innocent:

The sad fanboy part? I did it from memory.

My vote goes, surprisingly, to 2003 - I think it was a sophisticated show that had a *great* jazz feel to it - one I think they should have explored further (that Cirque sort of primal, slightly new-age jazz).

While I truly enjoyed the 2008 show - I prefer Madison's Danzon #2 by far to Crown's - I think the 2001 would be my 2nd choice. No stories, no themes, just a "classic" drum corps show. And that first note... and that *last* note... and that drum feature...

Mike

I fixed the poll for you. :innocent:

The sad fanboy part? I did it from memory.

My vote goes, surprisingly, to 2003 - I think it was a sophisticated show that had a *great* jazz feel to it - one I think they should have explored further (that Cirque sort of primal, slightly new-age jazz).

While I truly enjoyed the 2008 show - I prefer Madison's Danzon #2 by far to Crown's - I think the 2001 would be my 2nd choice. No stories, no themes, just a "classic" drum corps show. And that first note... and that *last* note... and that drum feature...

Mike

Thanks Mike. And I agree with you that 2003 was a spphisticated show. My favorite part was

Distorted from La Nouba...starting with the hint of the Way We Were into that great groove section.

Great stuff!

I picked two shows.

2001 and 2010. Just switched the 1s, haha.

I'm surprised 2001 hasn't been getting any more votes. From the very first note (which can and will blow out your speakers) to the ending.... :innocent:

I put this years' show of Slaugher on tenth avenue and Rhapsody in Blue. This show had

everything. Killer crowd pleasing ability, swagger, great musicianship and modern flair.

And I noticed something very interesting looking at Corpreps.com. This was the first season since 1989 that the Madison

Scouts did not have a show title. And that was the last time they played Slaughter on tenth Avenue.

Edited by Saul Goodman

Ive gotta go with 05. They reached the peak of their rebound that year, and i really liked that show.

Then we had 06, which had a design that, while alright, wasnt one madison shouldve been doing. However, this was still a 9th place show,

Instead of just stepping back and retweaking for 07 it seemed like they threw the baby out with the bathwater and ended up with a disastrous 07 outing.

09 shows signs that theyre returning, but i dont think it quite beats the 05 show.

Hands down it had to be 2010! Babies were FLYING!!!!!! Other than that I really loved 2008, 2007, 2004 and 2003.

Edited by CMFC4Ever