Cadet's show YOU want to see in 2011?

LION KING! ! !

only if Banished Beyond gets writing credit.

if not App Spring

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This

I would rather see Cuban Overture from 82 than Rocky Point Holiday.

In Fact, I would love to see an all Cubano/Latin Jazz show from The Cadets. They have Gino to teach it and clean it.

(edit) I had a long blurb about bringing back old staff and writers from Cadets past .. but I don't think that would go over well (/edit).

No one has done a hardcore jazz show in Sooooooooooooooo long. When I say that .. I think of 80's BD, some of the 90's Crossmen ....... past that I draw a blank. Cadets have brought back the hardcore marching (maybe I should say they have elevated it in recent years) .......... let's really turn DCI on it's ear and arrange a musical show that is 80's in feel and still pull off the visual display you've been putting on the past few years. I mean the pure marching precision ...... not the characters/storylines/theatrics. Peel my face, play tons of notes in oldschool ranges and still march like Gods. Make it the hardest, meatiest book you've ever written ... I don't care if you come in 10th like Madison did this year ... you'll be all the rage once again and proving that the impossible can be done in Modern Drum Corps.

That's what I want for 2011.

Less cheese and more awesome.

Drop all the crap with the electronics, narration, ANY thought of adding reeds, start a song and actually finish it! Perhaps follow the Madison lead from this year and you may have a winner. Finally, SACK Hopkins!

I mean really, why march around close to $100,000 in contra bass just to have a bass guitar chime in to cover it up... I don't agree that the Cadets are the leaders of the parade to the death of drum corps, rather it's the leadership...

go back to some old school cadets... fast tempos, lots of horn runs (i miss the park and runs from the past), amazing drill, etc.

how about some goold 'ol Holsinger (TONS of stuff out there they could do) or something like Appalachian Morning, Appalachian Spring, American Faces (which has snippets of Simple Gifts)

Ladies and Gentlemen, after a 23 year absence, please welcome to the field, performing their 2011 program, "Garfield's Revenge," Drum Corps International is proud to present, THE GARFIELD CADETS!!

Well, only one could imagine hearing Garfield Cadets again. Some for the first time....in both years I've marched I heard "Holy Name Cadets," "The Cadets," and "Cadets of Bergen County."

Drop all the crap with the electronics, narration, ANY thought of adding reeds, start a song and actually finish it! Perhaps follow the Madison lead from this year and you may have a winner. Finally, SACK Hopkins!

I mean really, why march around close to $100,000 in contra bass just to have a bass guitar chime in to cover it up... I don't agree that the Cadets are the leaders of the parade to the death of drum corps, rather it's the leadership...

Obviously you didn't watch any of the other top 12 shows since some of them had more electronics and Cadets didn't even have any narration this year or last. :tongue:

LION KING! ! !

I thought people said they didn't want more cheese.